Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long shot: FS: 1999 Miata Sport + tire trailer

Hi y'all!

I just found out that we're going to be moving across country (California, here we come!) so when I combine that with my minimal autocrossing these days (ahh, new fatherhood!) it's clearly time to put my 99 Miata Sport up for sale

So why is it a long shot? Well because right now it's in Richmond, VA. Yeah, yeah, I know that's not close to Minnesota, but since so many of you saw it when I was running locally until 2010, I thought I should put it out there in case someone was thinking, "Hey, Miata!" for 2014. If you're interested, we'll figure out a way to get it & the trailer to you without breaking the bank.

This car was Darryl's before I got it, and it's AWESOME!

Overall I think it is in really good condition with 61,607 miles (may have a few more if another nice day shows up.)

Details
    • Original top in good condition (no leaks, holes, rips). Outside is nice & dark, inside has some sun fading (hey, it's a convertible, I drove it top down!)
    • Some cone/parking-lot rash (bottom of the air dam, and right-rear) but overall in good condition. Paint is still glossy but it has a few small paint chips (front bumper and hood.)
    • Racing Beat 1-1/8" front sway bar.
    • Mazdaspeed sway bar brackets.
    • K&N air filter.
    • Aftermarket plug wires and Denso plugs.
    • Borla Exhaust (very light weight with nice sound).
    • Single-adjustable Koni's custom valved by Predator motorsports (original shocks also included).
    • 4 15X6 4X100mm BC SSR's (8.9 lbs each). They currently have Proxes' on them, but the tires are fossils so must be replaced before you autocross. 225/45ZR15's fit just fine.
    • 4 OEM wheels powder-coated gloss black with 205/50ZR-15 Hankook Ventus R-S2's.
    • Car cover.
    • Hidden Hitch trailer hitch and wiring for tire trailer (see below). Also has hitch-mount and trailer tongue key locks.
    • Hawk brake pads.
    • Transmission and rear end have Royal purple. Engine has Mobil 1.
    • Auxiliary G-Force lap-belt installed in driver's seat, but I've never used it (stock belt was always good enough for me)
    • Sliver "checkered-flag" graphics on the left & right doors to rear fenders + Tire Rack sticker on the windshield and Hoosier sticker on the front bumper. I wasn't running Hoosiers, but am originally from Indiana so left that on
    • Custom aluminum front license plate mount, attaches to factory holes under front bumper. That means no ugly holes drilled in the front of your bumper - great if you don't have/want to run a front plate! Mounts with wingnuts so it's easy to install/remove the front plate.

The CD/radio works A-OK and the A/C blows cold. Currently the fog light bulbs are burned out and I haven't bothered to replace them. All other lights are good.

After I took the pictures, I took it in for it's VA state inspection. It passed, so is good until 12/14.

Also included is the Harbor Freight tire trailer kit I built to carry the 4 SSR's + all my gear in a SmartBox on the back of the trailer. It has a painted plywood base, the box, and two posts with screw-down retainers to hold the stacked tires. I also added a flip-down wheel and handle to the trailer tongue, so you can easily move the trailer around when it's unhooked. The trailer lights all work correctly (running, brakes, turn).

The trailer makes getting ready for an even a breeze: toss your air tank, toolbox and jack in the trailer, hook it up to the hitch & head to the event! (note: the yellow folding chairs stacked on the trailer are yours if you want them...)

Title in hand, asking $4600 OBO for everything.

Post here or call me on my GV #: (eight-zero-four) four-six-four seven-one-nine-seven with any questions.

- Josh Berman

Check out this album with LOTS MORE pictures: http://imgur.com/a/15OB1

Click image for larger version

Name:	Miata left top down.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	409985

Name:	ffZHd0i.jpg
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	409986

Name:	KkmBRRB.jpg
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	409987

Name:	FjYuuWv.jpg
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	409988
    Attached Files

Josh,

We need to talk. I sent an e-mail to the last address I had for you, let me know if you get it.
    John Mensch

2011 Driver of the Year.
    Proud recipient of the 2008 Paul Weidner "Spirit of the Sport" award.
    Founder of F.rugal R.acing E.nterprises. (FRE) "It's not F.R.E.E., but it's close....."

Quote section;
    Resentment: It's like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die...
    "If there is no plan, what can go wrong!" - Some Clown
    "I like to think of myself as thrifty, cheap sounds so.......cheap." - Same Clown
    To quote a wise man I once knew; "If you can't have a little fun what good are you?"

Comment

Holy crap! Turn key ES national caliber car! Snap this up!
      "Go this way really fast. If something gets in your way, turn." (Better Off Dead)

Comment

I think it was snapped up and is headed back to MN...
        1990 BMW 325i e30
        1976 BMW 2002
        Wrolson Wracing

Phile "Like a Lotus, a good 914 can make you happy to be alive. A bad one can make you regret that cars were ever invented."
        -- Larry "sort of a 100-footer" B.

Comment

We're all doomed.
          David Parsons
          1973 914. Kinda running.
          2000 Audi TT. 30+ mpg of fine art.
          2013 Jeep Compass. Wife's truck. Always.
          1993 Miata. Dad's to drive. Mine to maintain.
          2003 Kawasaki Ninjette 250. It followed me home.

"Fix it till it breaks. Then fix it some more." Me
          "At the end of the day, when all is said and done- more is usually said then done" My Dad.

Proud recipient of the 2011 Paul Weidner "Spirit of the Sport" award.

Comment

Yeah, John & I are finalizing details but it looks like it'll be heading back to MN where it "belongs." I had posted it to sccaforums first because I figured I'd need exposure to that larger audience to get it sold at this time of year. Shoulda known I'd only need to post here

Comment

John? John who...?
              John Mensch

2011 Driver of the Year.
              Founder of F.rugal R.acing E.nterprises. (FRE) "It's not F.R.E.E., but it's close....."

Quote section;
              "I like to think of myself as thrifty, cheap sounds so.......cheap." - Same Clown
              To quote a wise man I once knew; "If you can't have a little fun what good are you?"

Comment

John of "John Mensch's Miata Bargain Lot"
                Shane D. #182
                Sponsored by Turn in Concepts and Morries Subaru
                "Looking over the hood of the WRX you see the massive hood scoop. It's not a distraction. It's more like the sight on an assault rifle and all I want to do is keep pulling the trigger." -Matt Hardigree, Jalopnik.com
                "But I don't like things that are scary and painful..." -Bender
                "Man... I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just gonn'a ask where they're going and catch up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Whomever is buying it, send me a PM or Email and we can talk about timing and transportation.
                  Phil Ethier - Numbers Czar Emeritus
                  1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
                  2004 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 8.1, Sport Red
                  2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
                  2006 Gulf Stream Conquest Super C Chevrolet Kodiak 8.1
                  2017 Ford Fusion SE, Oxford White, as befits an appliance.
                  pethier7 [at] gmail [dot] com
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier
                  http://www.mntriumphs.org

Comment

Originally posted by shane86 View Post
                    John of "John Mensch's Miata Bargain Lot"
                    I'm thinking you meant "Honest John's slightly used Miata Emporium"
                    John Mensch

2011 Driver of the Year.

Quote section;

Comment

Originally posted by phile View Post
                      Whomever is buying it, send me a PM or Email and we can talk about timing and transportation.
                      Phil, PM's don't appear to be working, sent you an email.
                      John Mensch

2011 Driver of the Year.

Quote section;

Comment

...and I was gonna offer some sort of TT trade.

Congrats John!

And I echo my prior post. We're all doomed. Pax-doomed.
                        David Parsons
                        1973 914. Kinda running.
                        2000 Audi TT. 30+ mpg of fine art.
                        2013 Jeep Compass. Wife's truck. Always.
                        1993 Miata. Dad's to drive. Mine to maintain.
                        2003 Kawasaki Ninjette 250. It followed me home.

"Fix it till it breaks. Then fix it some more." Me
                        "At the end of the day, when all is said and done- more is usually said then done" My Dad.

Proud recipient of the 2011 Paul Weidner "Spirit of the Sport" award.

Comment

Well that was quick.
                          Preston Jordan
                          Race Car Driver Extraordinaire
                          http://MNTimeAttack.com

Comment

Congrats John, nice to see this car coming home.

Josh, good luck on your move. Don't be a stranger.

Comment

Do you think anyone will think we're crazy if we come home from Richmond, VA by way of Sanibel Island?
                              Last edited by the tick; 01-13-2014, 06:36 PM.
                              John Mensch

2011 Driver of the Year.

Quote section;

Comment

Working...
                              X