Stockholm Karting Center event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stockholm Karting Center event

I've been talking with a number of different people about an event at Stockholm Karting Center in Cokato. I went there with a car club 12 years ago and thought it was fantastic.

If we did go it would be nice to get a group of at least 10 so that we can have the track to ourselves. The cost for that is ~$800 which comes out to $80/person. However, after 10 people, each additional person is $40. That means if we get 20 people to go the cost is reduced to $60/person. Stockholm Karting Center is an awesome track with lots of good course elements and height variation. I have little doubt you'll enjoy the racing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	?u=http%3A%2F%2Fnebula.wsimg.com%2F9454778ed4a303c617044a247aa51d96%3FAccessKeyId%3DA66BE380AA1698513F70%26disposition%3D0%26alloworigin%3D1&f=1&nofb=1.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	474336
    I would go any time!
    77.78%
    I want to go and will suggest a date in a reply.
    22.22%
    Ryan B.
    2002 Audi TT 225 ALMS (Misano Red) // 2003 Mazda Miata Shinsen (grey) // 2004 Audi A4 Ultrasport 6MT (Dolphin Grey)

This would be so much fun. If It’s on a weekend I’ll be there

Comment

I'd love to attend, but if we're looking at doing it in July I wouldn't be able to do it on a Friday or Saturday due to work. My hours shift in August to open that up.
      Mitch Welker
      2̶0̶0̶1̶ ̶P̶o̶n̶t̶i̶a̶c̶ ̶G̶r̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶P̶r̶i̶x̶ ̶G̶T̶ ̶C̶o̶u̶p̶e̶
      Tessem's 2015 VW GTI #76 - ZGS

Comment

When we’re talking about reserving the track, how long is it for? My best days to go are Sunday-Tuesday.

Comment

FWIW, I've heard Stockholm is extremely lax on their COVID-19 precautionary measures.
          Brian K.
          #16 Marshmallow Miata

Comment

I would be interested, but can't really commit to a date yet.

I have done 10 years of ProKart leagues, but still have never made it to Cokato.

Comment

You get the track for 2 hours.

I highly recommend going there... they also have an arrive and drive kart if you want to try wheel to wheel racing in a real racing kart.

Click image for larger version

Name:	me.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	477.6 KB
ID:	474358

Comment

It seems there's definitely some interest but perhaps not enough (yet). I'll keep talking to people as the summer progresses and come back with an update.
                Ryan B.
                2002 Audi TT 225 ALMS (Misano Red) // 2003 Mazda Miata Shinsen (grey) // 2004 Audi A4 Ultrasport 6MT (Dolphin Grey)

Comment

Working...
                X