Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Lap of America coming to BIR Tuesday May 7th. Who's in?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Lap of America coming to BIR Tuesday May 7th. Who's in?

So, One Lap of America is going to be a BIR Tuesday May 7th. I'm tentatively planning to play hooky that day and go gawk at all the cool cars instead of going to work.

I plan to leave the Mpls area about 6:00 am, should still be home by 8:00.

Who's in?!
    John Mensch

2011 Driver of the Year.
    Proud recipient of the 2008 Paul Weidner "Spirit of the Sport" award.
    Founder of F.rugal R.acing E.nterprises. (FRE) "It's not F.R.E.E., but it's close....."

Quote section;
    Resentment: It's like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die...
    "If there is no plan, what can go wrong!" - Some Clown
    "I like to think of myself as thrifty, cheap sounds so.......cheap." - Same Clown
    To quote a wise man I once knew; "If you can't have a little fun what good are you?"

That sounds like fun. I'll look into it.
    Jay McKoskey
    1991 Miata #12/63

Comment

John
      i will plan to be there

Comment

This is tomorrow. Weather is looking OK (high 50's, some sun). I'm planning on it.
        John Mensch

2011 Driver of the Year.
        Founder of F.rugal R.acing E.nterprises. (FRE) "It's not F.R.E.E., but it's close....."

Quote section;
        "I like to think of myself as thrifty, cheap sounds so.......cheap." - Same Clown
        To quote a wise man I once knew; "If you can't have a little fun what good are you?"

Comment

I will be at the track about 8:00 tomorrow.
          See you when you get there.
          I will be driving the the MNAUTOX mini. (but not on track)

Time trials start at 8:30.

Comment

So wanted to be there. Could not make the time off work. How'd it go? Brandon and that TT are looking good...
            David Parsons
            1973 914. Kinda running.
            2000 Audi TT. 30+ mpg of fine art.
            2013 Jeep Compass. Wife's truck. Always.
            1993 Miata. Dad's to drive. Mine to maintain.
            2003 Kawasaki Ninjette 250. It followed me home.

"Fix it till it breaks. Then fix it some more." Me
            "At the end of the day, when all is said and done- more is usually said then done" My Dad.

Proud recipient of the 2011 Paul Weidner "Spirit of the Sport" award.

Comment

Brandon and Andy traded top time on the long and short courses.

There were 3 high HP SUVs (2 Durango SRTs and a Jeep Trackhawk). They seem way out of place, but 1 of the SRT's was near the top 10 on track! Also a couple Teslas (one s, and one 3) that did a surprising job as well.

It was impressive how quickly all of those guys get up to speed. They get 1 sighting lap, then a standing start to 3 flying laps. That's it. Your time is the combined 3 laps. Pretty fun stuff.
              John Mensch

2011 Driver of the Year.

Quote section;

Comment

good fun to watch.
                Beautiful day to be out..
                This is an interesting event (would be a tough event to accomplish)
                There is a lot of driving between track portions.(to get to the next track each day)
                Spoke to a number of people entered, and they all seem to love it and will do it again.
                some interesting vehicles, a mclaren, a lambo, a red miata,
                Also watching the hellcat durango launch was pretty wild

found this 944 (with a corvette engine) for Harold
                It had a extremely nice paint job, done to look like a rusty, beat up, car.
                (from 15 feet looks rough, from 1 foot looked really nice)

Comment

Working...
                X