No announcement yet.

SCCA Track Night in America 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm registered for the May 17th session, I'm really looking forward to this!

My understanding is that my 2007 Mx-5 Miata does NOT need a roll bar for this event, can anyone confirm?

B

Comment

Originally posted by BryanB View Post
      I'm registered for the May 17th session, I'm really looking forward to this!

My understanding is that my 2007 Mx-5 Miata does NOT need a roll bar for this event, can anyone confirm?

B
      Official TNiA website is the best place to go. If you go into vehicle eligibility, there's a handy-dandy flow chart:

https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/...nd-regulations
      Cone Coach - Vision Speedworks - SoloPro

"Left our cubicles in little flaming piles...I need to feel something different for just a little while." - Cloud Cult

Comment

I will be registering for either the May or June one for sure. The May one is tight since spring nats is not far after, so more likely the June one.
        2001 S2000

Originally posted by 86SVO
        ..... then I found a broken chuck of plastic bumper cover to use as "paper".
        No one really listens to anyone else, and if you try it for a while you'll see why. - Mignon McLaughlin

Comment

I'm signed up for the May event as well.
          John Mensch

2011 Driver of the Year.
          Proud recipient of the 2008 Paul Weidner "Spirit of the Sport" award.
          Founder of F.rugal R.acing E.nterprises. (FRE) "It's not F.R.E.E., but it's close....."

Quote section;
          Resentment: It's like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die...
          "If there is no plan, what can go wrong!" - Some Clown
          "I like to think of myself as thrifty, cheap sounds so.......cheap." - Same Clown
          To quote a wise man I once knew; "If you can't have a little fun what good are you?"

Comment

Originally posted by SUV-ETR View Post

Official TNiA website is the best place to go. If you go into vehicle eligibility, there's a handy-dandy flow chart:

https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/...nd-regulations
            So I looked at the flow chart - the rollover protection requirements are still a bit gray for me. How would say...Honda S2000 factory roll hoops... land in this rule set?
            Emilio Rescigno - #146
            2000 S2000 - STR
            1998 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by engifineer View Post
              The May one is tight since spring nats is not far after
              It's a full week later...?

"Left our cubicles in little flaming piles...I need to feel something different for just a little while." - Cloud Cult

Comment

Originally posted by emiliorescigno View Post

So I looked at the flow chart - the rollover protection requirements are still a bit gray for me. How would say...Honda S2000 factory roll hoops... land in this rule set?
                Not sure what is gray about it? If your owner's manual says you have roll-over protection, you're good. FWIW, as far as I know, S2000s should be good to go. We've had several show up in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by SUV-ETR View Post

Not sure what is gray about it? If your owner's manual says you have roll-over protection, you're good. FWIW, as far as I know, S2000s should be good to go. We've had several show up in the past.
                  Better safe to ask than be turned away at the gate, I guess.

The owner's manual doesn't specifically call anything out about roll protection, but there are a few old press releases from the early 2000s talking about the "functional" roll hoops. Knowing that others have been allowed in seems to put that to bed. Thanks!
                  Emilio Rescigno - #146
                  2000 S2000 - STR
                  1998 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport - Daily

Comment

Yes, S2000's are allowed. And there is a statement you can find (I saw it but forgot where) that states the S2k has rollover protection. I ran mine with no questions whatsoever.

The only thing gray about it is your S2k Emilio Come out and drive!!!!!!
                    2001 S2000

Originally posted by 86SVO
                    ..... then I found a broken chuck of plastic bumper cover to use as "paper".
                    No one really listens to anyone else, and if you try it for a while you'll see why. - Mignon McLaughlin

Comment

I emailed them and they are ok with the OEM rollover protection on the NC Miata's. Should be fun on the 17th!

Comment

I will be there at some point on the 17th. Bummer that we can't have passengers anymore.
                        Ryan T #34 03 S2000 / 16 Focus ST / 08 KM Intrepid Silverstone CR125 /

"If you think it is going to understeer, just don't" -- Tim Davis
                        # Trucklife #Kidsandcars #FortheGroceriesofGStreet
                        Proud 2014 Spirit of the Sport Award Winner #77

Comment

Working...
                        X