• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ryejeff
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnMoravec View Post
    Final Kart Racing tonight!!!!!

Be there!
    And Tim said that he will have pizza for us.

Leave a comment:

• JohnMoravec
    replied
    Final Kart Racing tonight!!!!!

Be there!

Leave a comment:

• ryejeff
    replied
    Originally posted by brennanos View Post
    This was my first karting experience, and it was certainly interesting. I went from being really ****ty to just kind of ****ty, so progress was made.
    We are glad you joined us. Hope to see you again next year (and at autox in the meantime)!

Leave a comment:

• engifineer
    replied
    GREAT racing today everyone. This was a great league for sure.

Leave a comment:

• brennanos
    replied
    Originally posted by ryejeff View Post
    Reminder: we are coming up on our final events. Sunday we start early -- be there and checked in by 9:30am. Tuesday we run at the normal time.
    I won't be making the final day (I want to watch the F1 race!).

This was my first karting experience, and it was certainly interesting. I went from being really ****ty to just kind of ****ty, so progress was made. Thanks to Jeff for leading the effort to organize and run the league(s).

Brennan

Leave a comment:

• ryejeff
    replied
    Reminder: we are coming up on our final events. Sunday we start early -- be there and checked in by 9:30am. Tuesday we run at the normal time.

Leave a comment:

• BriK
    replied
    Originally posted by s1lence View Post

Yeah, I want to say sorry as well. It really through me off and I wasn't sure who did it and I was really pissed off. Ended up being the worst day I have had karting I think ever (placement wise). Oh well that is what can happen and my reaction was not great so I'm sorry. You have really improved!
    I was just behind this situation and I really donít think Iíd assign complete fault to any one person. I recall Ryan was in the middle, Ando on the left closest to the wall, and Salah on the right, having just passed Ando and trying to pass Ryan, with me right behind Salah. I assume Ryan didnít see Ando, Ando couldnít really move either direction and also couldnít slow down fast enough to avoid spinning Ryan, and if even if Ryan did or could see Ando, he couldnít have moved very far right due to Salah. Lotsa stuff happened in split seconds.

Leave a comment:

• s1lence
    replied
    Originally posted by SlowAndo View Post

Yeah.... that's on me. My deepest apologies. I've been feeling crummy about that.

I was out of whack coming out of the pit-side tight section and was passed on the inside towards the pinch. I lifted to avoid contact but was pushed from behind for an unintentional PIT.

That pinch was consistently a risky place to pass, and to Dave's point, drivers in the pack looking forward and acknowledging the **** hitting the fan could have avoided this, but the vast majority of the fault is mine due to inexperience and poor decision making. For that I'm terribly sorry.

This league has been a ton of fun, and I think I've gotten a bit faster as I haven't been lapped in a few weeks (*knock on wood* there's still time) but I have had to have some basic etiquette things explained to me throughout the winter. A sticky post discussing "Competitive Karting Rules and Etiquette" may be a useful thing to have for future reference. Basic things like "How to restart after a yellow flag" as well as more nuanced things like the "Good touch vs Bad touch" discussion could be covered there. If any of you karting veterans are ever bored at your desk. ;]

Anyway, sorry again. Thanks to everyone for your patience with me, on and off the track. The approach-ability of MAC members remains one of the clubs most valuable assets in my opinion.

-Brandon
    Yeah, I want to say sorry as well. It really through me off and I wasn't sure who did it and I was really pissed off. Ended up being the worst day I have had karting I think ever (placement wise). Oh well that is what can happen and my reaction was not great so I'm sorry. You have really improved!

Leave a comment:

• JohnMoravec
    replied
    Hooray racing!

Dan, best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• Darkwaterdragon1
    replied
    As of Now, i will be done Karting for the season, my priorities have shifted to focus on getting the Oldsmobile operational, That being said there is an opening for someone to sub for the remainder of the season. (planing on getting the new engine started tonight) ... i may be able to attend the final but as for now i wont

Leave a comment:

• ryejeff
    replied
    Reminder: we are racing tonight at 7pm.

Leave a comment:

• SlowAndo
    replied
    Originally posted by s1lence View Post
    Also pit maneuvers are bad mmmkay?
    Yeah.... that's on me. My deepest apologies. I've been feeling crummy about that.

I was out of whack coming out of the pit-side tight section and was passed on the inside towards the pinch. I lifted to avoid contact but was pushed from behind for an unintentional PIT.

That pinch was consistently a risky place to pass, and to Dave's point, drivers in the pack looking forward and acknowledging the **** hitting the fan could have avoided this, but the vast majority of the fault is mine due to inexperience and poor decision making. For that I'm terribly sorry.

This league has been a ton of fun, and I think I've gotten a bit faster as I haven't been lapped in a few weeks (*knock on wood* there's still time) but I have had to have some basic etiquette things explained to me throughout the winter. A sticky post discussing "Competitive Karting Rules and Etiquette" may be a useful thing to have for future reference. Basic things like "How to restart after a yellow flag" as well as more nuanced things like the "Good touch vs Bad touch" discussion could be covered there. If any of you karting veterans are ever bored at your desk. ;]

Anyway, sorry again. Thanks to everyone for your patience with me, on and off the track. The approach-ability of MAC members remains one of the clubs most valuable assets in my opinion.

-Brandon

Leave a comment:

• s1lence
    replied
    Also pit maneuvers are bad mmmkay?

Leave a comment:

• engifineer
    replied
    So a friendly tip ....

When the person in front of you is behind another person (and they may be behind yet another person) and traffic is bunched up, it does zero good to bump them. Other than potentially creating a crash. Always watch more than the kart in front of you.

I bring this up because during the final, I was getting "bumped" so hard that it was literally pushing me into Murph, who was behind another driver he was trying to pass for a number of laps. Every time we got to the slow spots, I would tense up waiting for it, then get slammed hard. And then, whomever was doing this appeared to be holding the throttle down, so they were hitting me much harder than what is considered a "bump" and then literally driving me into Murph who I am sure then was slamming into the person in front of him. This eventually led to me being slammed into him so hard he spun, lots of folks got tangled and we had to have a yellow flag to get things back in order (putting Murph back where he was to start with).

I totally understand that sometimes an ill-planned bump turns into a harder hit than intended. That happens to us all and is understood. But this was every single lap, on both of the slow areas. I was slowing more than I normally would because I was a couple of feet from the person in front of me, so I had nowhere to go. And I was not bumping him because he was clearly behind someone else that he was attempting to pass so I was trying to stay off of his bumper. Eventually we got past the people in front of us and I was able to stay out ahead and not get whiplash any more lol.

Overall this has been a very good driving season and we have kept any incidents to a minimum, so this is really the first time I have felt someone was going a bit far with this in a while. So I am not really upset, but pointing this out so people are more aware of it. If there is slower traffic causing a few karts to bunch up, just be patient, stay close but try not to hit the people in the middle of said bunch. Many times this just causes a multi car crash which puts all of you at the back of the pack

Leave a comment:

• Derek69SS
    replied
    I'm here for the kids league, and will stick around and run with MAC. Anyone need a sub?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X