X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woohoo! Racing!
    2013 Hot Lava FR-S

Comment

• Great racing last night! Thank you to everyone who showed up. We had an excellent turnout, with super competition, and remarkably clean driving. Well done!

For those who missed it, we'll be running again in two weeks. You are welcome to join at any time...

Also, we will start the Sunday league this Sunday (December 2) at 11am. Hope to see you there.
      Jeff Rye #64
      1999 Mazda Miata Sport -- ES
      2001 Toyota Corolla S -- HS
      Proud recipient of the 2016 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award.

Comment

• Originally posted by ryejeff View Post
        Great racing last night! Thank you to everyone who showed up. We had an excellent turnout, with super competition, and remarkably clean driving. Well done!
        I'll second this!

My first impression is that this is going to be a very fun, fast, clean, and competitive league.

Comment

• Looking forward to it on Sunday!

Comment

• We've nearly made it to the weekend, karting is coming!

Excited to see you fine folks in the off-season. Be sure to turn around and wave at me once in a while as it sounds like I'll be bringing up the rear (it's a tough job but someone has to do it!)
            Brandon A.
            2013 Abarth 500 (#595)

"...there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy." -James May

Comment

• i will throw my hat in on sundays as a back up / sub driver as i am a part of the Tuesday night league
              Proud recipient of the 2017 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award.

1984 Oldsmobile Delta 88 (DRKDRGN)
              2008 GMC Acadia (ICEBURG)

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowAndo View Post
                Be sure to turn around and wave at me once in a while as it sounds like I'll be bringing up the rear (it's a tough job but someone has to do it!)
                Back of the pack is a fun place - I'll show you the ropes. #blueflagcrew

Actually, it's kind of funny... The guys and gals in this club are such great drivers, once you get to the point where you're not completely embarrassing yourself in this league, if you show up for a regular 'arrive and drive' session, the plebs will talk about you in hushed tones - "that dude's really fast" etc etc

I skipped last season, but I'm looking forward to getting back into it!

Comment

• Reminder: we race this morning. Racing starts at 11am. Sounds like the ProKart staff will be there at 10:30. Try to show up a few minutes early to get checked in and paid up. Looking forward to seeing you all there!

And: you are welcome even if you haven't expressed an interest yet. Just show up and race with us!
                  Jeff Rye #64

Comment

• I cannot make the Final Sunday race on April 7. Does anyone have an objection to moving the Sunday final from April 7 to April 14?
                    2018 Mercedes AMG C43 (666)

Comment

• I'm bummed I missed it today...didn't really take putting on my helmet into account when I got my upper ear pierced yesterday. :-/ Oops!
                      Leona - 11
                      MAC Secretary
                      Just having "too much fun"
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      "I only brake so I can go through the gears again"~John G

Comment

• Yay! Sunday league has started! Sorry for the aggressive bump pass on the final lap Brian!

B.Kaeferlein #421 2010 LGT

Comment

• Thank you all for a great day of racing. Very clean driving. Excellent competition. Well done!

See Salah's comment above. We generally require drivers to include the final race of the season in their score (i.e., you can't drop that one). So missing the final race effectively eliminates you from competition. Who else has conflicts that week? How would you all feel about shifting the final race one week later?
                          Jeff Rye #64

Comment

• And, I want to point out a couple rules things that we settled on Tuesday and Sunday.

WEIGHTS
                            The Tuesday league is ballasting to 210.
                            The Sunday league is ballasting to 220.

RACE FORMAT
                            We decided to try the three race format instead of the two race format that we have run in prior years. This means that we will run two qualifying races (of 15 laps each) and a final race of 20 laps. When we have 13 or more drivers, we exceed the track capacity and need to run in two groups. Each group runs their first qualifying heat, then the groups get mixed and run a second qualifying heat. When all drivers have had their two qualifying heats, ProKart adds up the points and puts drivers into either the A main or the B main. The B main (also called the Last Chance Qualifier or LCQ) runs first. One or more top finishers from the LCQ will then get to run again in the A main (starting at the back).

The alternative two race format gives each driver a single qualifying race (of 20 laps) and a final race of 30 laps. Again, in this format, if there are two many drivers to be on track at once, we would run groups and have both an A main and a B main.

We currently plan to reevaluate mid-season (after 5 events) and decide whether to proceed with the three race format or switch to the two race format.

There are strengths and weaknesses to each of these formats. The three-race format means that you won't be stuck with a dud kart for as many laps. But it also doesn't give you as many laps to make up positions. The three race format means that you may compete against more of the drivers during your qualifying races. But it also means that there's more getting into and out of karts and more time jockeying for position after a standing start.

Ultimately, the biggest difference will lay in how much flexibility ProKart has for manipulating the starting positions to keep things interesting. Tim will usually make drivers with higher season points start at the back for their qualifying sessions. It is harder for him to do this with the three race format, so we might find a larger gap in season points than we would with the two race format.

So, as we race, place consider whether you like the three race format or would prefer the two race format and be ready to share your position when we reevaluate.
                            Jeff Rye #64

Comment

• I'm fine with moving to 4/14 for the last race.

I thought I was going to have a lot of dust to shake off yesterday, but I think I ended up being a lot more consistent than I was last year. There were a lot fewer places where I shook my head and swore at myself. I saw one blue flag the whole day, but looking back on it after the heat, I think it was actually for somebody else I had passed not long before that. Had I realized that at the moment, I could have hung on to my position a bit longer.

I can't believe I waited so long to start doing this.
                              The Forsche 948: Engine in the front, drive to the rear, and a big smiling piece of meat in the middle.

Proud recipient of the 2015 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award.

Comment

• I think 4/14 will work for me, but will need to check a couple more things regarding a trip near then. I say we let everyone have a chance to see this and make the call at the next race?

Yesterday was a blast. I thought it was going to be a S### show for me based upon my first few practice laps, since I seemed to forget where the sides of the kart were But, after that felt pretty good, and was doing pretty well! So I was happy. I spent the main literally inches off of Salahs bumper with Ryan T on mine. I am pretty sure we were pushing each other around the track a lot of the time! I finally managed a pass towards the end to grab one more spot, but man did I have to work for it! Made the race a ton of fun. Lots of good driving out there for sure, with some good close competition.

After deciding to hit Wild mtn spur of the moment Sat night for some snowboarding , then hopping in a kart Sunday AM, I was pretty much ready for some lazy time last night!
                                2001 S2000

Originally posted by 86SVO
                                ..... then I found a broken chuck of plastic bumper cover to use as "paper".
                                No one really listens to anyone else, and if you try it for a while you'll see why. - Mignon McLaughlin

Comment

Working...
                                X