Karting 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ryejeff View Post
    Whelp. We're not really getting critical mass here, so I guess we'll try next weekend.
    i would be willing to go this weekend
    Proud recipient of the 2017 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award.

1984 Oldsmobile Delta 88 (DRKDRGN)
    2008 GMC Acadia (ICEBURG)

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkwaterdragon1 View Post

i would be willing to go this weekend
      Okay. Let's try for Saturday, November 10. They open at 11am on Saturday, so let's shoot for that.
      Jeff Rye #64
      1999 Mazda Miata Sport -- ES
      2001 Toyota Corolla S -- HS
      Proud recipient of the 2016 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award.

Comment

Okay. Let's try for Saturday, November 10. They open at 11am on Saturday, so let's shoot for that.
        i will plan on being there @ 11
        Proud recipient of the 2017 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award.

1984 Oldsmobile Delta 88 (DRKDRGN)
        2008 GMC Acadia (ICEBURG)

Comment

Some of us often go to get a burger or something post race.
          I'm a fan of Nutmeg Brewhouse just a stones throw away. It's structured more like a restaurant for those that aren't into the brewery thing.
          Brandon A.
          2013 Abarth 500 (#595)

"...there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy." -James May

Comment

• I will be out of town, so you guys have fun! One common place we go to after league is Burger Jones, which has very good bloody marys and burger baskets that can stop your heart ... maybe literally ... but they taste great!
            2001 S2000

Originally posted by 86SVO
            ..... then I found a broken chuck of plastic bumper cover to use as "paper".
            No one really listens to anyone else, and if you try it for a while you'll see why. - Mignon McLaughlin

Comment

• I'll be there Saturday at 11

Comment

• In for Saturday!
                FM= Forget Modulation
                https://forums.mnautox.com/core/smil...urnout_new.gifI'm Roll'n on 10's yo. - Jason Hobbs #199

Comment

• For everyone that is new to this: Matt and Jason, two of the fastest and most skilled drivers we have, will be there for practice on Saturday at 11. I am confident that they will be happy to offer advice and demonstrate how to get around the track fast. So come join us and get fast!
                  Jeff Rye #64

Comment

• Sounds good. I'll attend.
                    2013 Hot Lava FR-S

Comment

• Looks like karting Saturday it is! Cya there.
                      Andrew Dehmer #186
                      2017 Subaru BRZ

Comment

• I may also be there Saturday for some fun
                        Sara Tessem #707
                        2015 VW GTI

Comment

• Bringing the schedule back to the top. Racing starts next week!

Originally posted by ryejeff View Post
                          Tuesday Evenings (check in 6:30pm, race at 7pm):
                          Nov 27; Dec 11, 18; Jan 10*, 22; Feb 5, 19; Mar 5, 19; Apr 2

Sunday Mornings (check in 10:30am, race at 11am):
                          Dec 2, 16, 30; Jan 20, 27; Feb 10, 24; Mar 10, 24; Apr 7
                          Originally posted by ryejeff View Post
                          More things to consider:

1. What race format do we want?

Two race format: 25 lap qualifier, 25 lap main
                          Three race format: two 15 lap qualifiers, 20 lap main

2. How many drops should we have for our 10-week season?

3. Do we want to include an enduro as part of our league?
                          I prefer the 3-race format and 2 drops.

Also, I prefer calculating drops into the points fairly early in the season so that missing 1 event early in the season doesn't give a starting-position advantage for the next 8 weeks. Maybe 1 drop calculated in after week 3, and another after week 6 or so.

I'm good with an enduro, but only if attendance is low enough to be single-driver (no teams) and everyone on track at the same time (good option for a bad weather day with low attendance)

Comment

• Derek speaks with the wisdom of a seasoned karting veteran!

I agree with all of his points above

Comment

• Reminder, this is all starting soon. In fact, next Tuesday is our first league night!

Originally posted by Derek69SS View Post
                              I prefer the 3-race format and 2 drops.
                              I agree. Last year we tried the 2-race format, to give people more laps to come from behind. In the end, I think I enjoyed that less than getting a couple stabs at qualifying.

Also, I prefer calculating drops into the points fairly early in the season so that missing 1 event early in the season doesn't give a starting-position advantage for the next 8 weeks. Maybe 1 drop calculated in after week 3, and another after week 6 or so.
                              This is a good point. In the past we have been at the mercy of ProKart for the standings updates. We can ask David to stay on top of the scores and get him to do the splits early.

I'm good with an enduro, but only if attendance is low enough to be single-driver (no teams) and everyone on track at the same time (good option for a bad weather day with low attendance)
                              Another good point. I would like to avoid splitting into two groups for an enduro -- that changes the competition. And, yeah, for league no partnering up. Your position should reflect your performance alone.
                              Jeff Rye #64

Comment

• Eat your Wheaties, clean your helmet's visor, and deodorize your driving shoes... because tonight we race!

The competition starts at 7pm. Please show up early (between 6 and 6:30) to leave plenty of time to get signed up and paid and for us to have a short talk about rules and such. I have found that traffic can be fairly heavy around this time (especially heading South on 35W), so be sure to leave yourself plenty of drive time.
                                Jeff Rye #64

Comment

Working...
                                X