4. Bernie Kaeferlein (Sunday)
    5. Ryan Thompson (Sunday)
    6. Sara Tessem (Sunday)
    7. Harold Kachelmyer (Sunday)
    8. Willie Gregory (Sunday)
    9. Leona Gregory (Sunday)
    10. Kyle Greene (Sunday)
    11. Zac Pursell (Sunday)
    12. Ian Grinde (either day, Sunday preferred, but both work)
    13. Jake Rogers (Sunday)
    14. Brennan Cleveland (Sunday preferred)
    15. Brian Ksicinski (Sunday)
    16. Isaac Halvorson
    17. Kevin Berndt
    18. John Stevens
    19. Jonathan Roswick

Week Night
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Jeff Rye
    2. Fred Rye
    3. John Moravec (Weeknight)
    4. Dan Stellburg (Weeknight)
    5. Derek Kiefer (Weeknight)
    6. Eric Janssen (Weeknight preferred)
    7. Charles D'Cruz (Weeknight)
    8. Scott LaPointe (Weeknight-Tuesday / Thursday preferred)
    9. Kevin Duffy (Weeknight-Tuesday / Thursday preferred)
    10. Erik Arntzen (after 6pm weeknight preferred, but would also do Sunday - earlier the better)
    11. Dan Berge (Weeknight, Not Wednesday)
    12. Gregory Walters

Originally posted by SlowAndo View Post
    What are everyone's feelings on guest drivers?

Between monetary and time investment we likely won't be able to participate in the full league, but it would be great to come out to 3-5 events to stay in touch with the club.
    The more, the merrier!

You may also be able to sub for someone who misses a night, and if you're really lucky, if they pre-paid for the season you could race for free.

Comment

This is looking awesome! I am thrilled for another season of karting with you guys!

Keep updating the list to reflect your interest.

In the meantime, let's start talking logistics. Note that the two leagues are separate, so be sure to specify which league you are talking about when you express your opinion. And, of course, we actually need to work with ProKart to make arrangements that work, so our plans won't be final until we have their buy in.

Major questions (with my answers for both leagues):

How many events?
      I would like more rather than fewer. I think 10 or 12 would be awesome.

How frequently?
      I would happily kart every week, but I understand that most people prefer every other week. I suggest that we try (within reason) to stagger the leagues so that people running both get a steady drip of racing.

On what weeknight should we run?
      I propose Monday or Tuesday. Though ProKart has leagues both those nights, so we need to schedule around the existing leagues. Tuesday worked reasonably well last year.

At what time on the weeknight should we run?
      We need to work around existing leagues, but I have no preference. We can start early or late. I think 7pm is probably a reasonable target if ProKart can accommodate us.

On what dates should we start and end?
      For Sunday:
      Nov 25; Dec 9, 23; Jan 13, 27; Feb 10, 24; Mar 10, 24; Apr 7
      (Note the skip for Jan 6 because the banquet is on the 5th.)

For Tuesday:
      Nov 20; Dec 4, 18; Jan 8, 22; Feb 5, 19; Mar 5, 19; Apr 2
      (Note the skip for Jan 1 because New Year's day.)
      Jeff Rye #64
      1999 Mazda Miata Sport -- ES
      2001 Toyota Corolla S -- HS
      Proud recipient of the 2016 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award.

Comment

Thanks for the response Derek! I'll be sure to catch races when I can, full Sunday season might still happen.

Has anyone expressed interest in racing at MB2 / Pole Position in Fridley? I understand that having an existing relationship in Burnsville is a really nice thing to have going for us, but weeknights aren't an option for me purely based on the lunacy of south metro rush hour. Maybe a majority of MAC feels the same way about Fridley, we do seem to run south metro heavy. Just figured I'd throw it out there.
        Brandon A.
        2013 Abarth 500 (#595)

"...there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy." -James May

Comment

Originally posted by ryejeff View Post
          On what weeknight should we run?
          I propose Monday or Tuesday. Though ProKart has leagues both those nights, so we need to schedule around the existing leagues. Tuesday worked reasonably well last year.

At what time on the weeknight should we run?
          We need to work around existing leagues, but I have no preference. We can start early or late. I think 7pm is probably a reasonable target if ProKart can accommodate us.
          Just as a note, I am currently in a league on Tue nights at 7pm before KnotHeads. We end on the 30th of October so our time would probably open up unless they will have another planned to run then.

Also, anyone know of a good rib protector/padded vest? I got a bit sloppy coming into traffic last time and bruised my ribs pretty good, which bruise easily after over a decade of playing hockey at my small size.
          Eric Janssen

#320 1999 Miata & 2013 Honda Civic Si

Comment

Jeff,
            I like your proposed schedule for both leagues. I too would happily kart every week, but every other week helps with cost while giving us something to look forward to all winter.
            I think 7pm is good for the weeknight league. That helps with traffic for some. Tuesday worked good last year.

Comment

Nov 25 may be out for anyone that travels for Thanksgiving. I know I will not be in town that weekend. Hate to miss the first race, but do not want the whole league planned around my schedule either.
              2001 S2000

Originally posted by 86SVO
              ..... then I found a broken chuck of plastic bumper cover to use as "paper".
              No one really listens to anyone else, and if you try it for a while you'll see why. - Mignon McLaughlin

Comment

Originally posted by engifineer View Post
                Nov 25 may be out for anyone that travels for Thanksgiving. I know I will not be in town that weekend. Hate to miss the first race, but do not want the whole league planned around my schedule either.
                Willie and I are also going to be out of town and celebrating with family on the 25th. :-(
                Leona - 11
                MAC Secretary
                Just having "too much fun"
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "I only brake so I can go through the gears again"~John G

Comment

I will also be out of town on the 23rd, so if the first one is on Nov 25 I will miss two events in the first 3 races :P
                  2001 S2000

Originally posted by 86SVO
                  ..... then I found a broken chuck of plastic bumper cover to use as "paper".
                  No one really listens to anyone else, and if you try it for a while you'll see why. - Mignon McLaughlin

Comment

These dates work well for me, but I'm not sure about general attendance on Nov. 20.

Tuesday sounds good.
                    2013 Hot Lava FR-S

Comment

Those dates work for me. I also prefer the 7:00 Tuesday schedule like we did last year.

Comment

That schedule looks good to me, though I would be missing the Nov 25 event (and it looks like a number of others would also miss that).
                        Sara Tessem #707
                        2015 VW GTI

Comment

Sunday leaguer. My family would prefer every other week, and starting sometime after the week of Thanksgiving.

Comment

Alright, it sounds like there will be numerous conflicts if we start Thanksgiving week. What if we start a week later, how do these dates look for people?

It looks like Tuesday would run into Christmas. I moved that week up. Se we run two weeks in a row, Dec 11 and 18, then skip 3 to Jan 8.

Tuesday:
                            Nov 27; Dec 11, 18; Jan 8, 22; Feb 5, 19; Mar 5, 19; Apr 2

Sunday:
                            Dec 2, Dec 16, 30; Jan 13, 27; Feb 10, 24; Mar 10, 24; Apr 7
                            Jeff Rye #64
                            1999 Mazda Miata Sport -- ES
                            2001 Toyota Corolla S -- HS
                            Proud recipient of the 2016 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award.

Comment

Originally posted by ryejeff View Post
                              Alright, it sounds like there will be numerous conflicts if we start Thanksgiving week. What if we start a week later, how do these dates look for people?

It looks like Tuesday would run into Christmas. I moved that week up. Se we run two weeks in a row, Dec 11 and 18, then skip 3 to Jan 8.

Tuesday:
                              Nov 27; Dec 11, 18; Jan 8, 22; Feb 5, 19; Mar 5, 19; Apr 2

Sunday:
                              Dec 2, Dec 16, 30; Jan 13, 27; Feb 10, 24; Mar 10, 24; Apr 7
                              Looks good to me Thanks!
                              Leona - 11
                              MAC Secretary
                              Just having "too much fun"
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              "I only brake so I can go through the gears again"~John G

Comment

Alright, I'm in for Sundays. I am on my phone, so I can't easily copy the list, but you can definitely add Ron Schwanz to Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X