No announcement yet.

Karting 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As of Now, i will be done Karting for the season, my priorities have shifted to focus on getting the Oldsmobile operational, That being said there is an opening for someone to sub for the remainder of the season. (planing on getting the new engine started tonight) ... i may be able to attend the final but as for now i wont
    Proud recipient of the 2017 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award.

1984 Oldsmobile Delta 88 (DRKDRGN)
    2008 GMC Acadia (ICEBURG)

Comment

• Hooray racing!

Dan, best of luck.
      2013 Hot Lava FR-S

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowAndo View Post

Yeah.... that's on me. My deepest apologies. I've been feeling crummy about that.

I was out of whack coming out of the pit-side tight section and was passed on the inside towards the pinch. I lifted to avoid contact but was pushed from behind for an unintentional PIT.

That pinch was consistently a risky place to pass, and to Dave's point, drivers in the pack looking forward and acknowledging the **** hitting the fan could have avoided this, but the vast majority of the fault is mine due to inexperience and poor decision making. For that I'm terribly sorry.

This league has been a ton of fun, and I think I've gotten a bit faster as I haven't been lapped in a few weeks (*knock on wood* there's still time) but I have had to have some basic etiquette things explained to me throughout the winter. A sticky post discussing "Competitive Karting Rules and Etiquette" may be a useful thing to have for future reference. Basic things like "How to restart after a yellow flag" as well as more nuanced things like the "Good touch vs Bad touch" discussion could be covered there. If any of you karting veterans are ever bored at your desk. ;]

Anyway, sorry again. Thanks to everyone for your patience with me, on and off the track. The approach-ability of MAC members remains one of the clubs most valuable assets in my opinion.

-Brandon
        Yeah, I want to say sorry as well. It really through me off and I wasn't sure who did it and I was really pissed off. Ended up being the worst day I have had karting I think ever (placement wise). Oh well that is what can happen and my reaction was not great so I'm sorry. You have really improved!
        Ryan T #34 03 S2000 / 16 Focus ST / 19 Audi S3 / 99 Miata Sport

"If you think it is going to understeer, just don't" -- Tim Davis
        "I go whole A$$" -- Jeff Rye
        # Trucklife #Kidsandcars #Philrelevant
        Proud 2014 Spirit of the Sport Award Winner #77

Comment

• Originally posted by s1lence View Post

Yeah, I want to say sorry as well. It really through me off and I wasn't sure who did it and I was really pissed off. Ended up being the worst day I have had karting I think ever (placement wise). Oh well that is what can happen and my reaction was not great so I'm sorry. You have really improved!
          I was just behind this situation and I really donít think Iíd assign complete fault to any one person. I recall Ryan was in the middle, Ando on the left closest to the wall, and Salah on the right, having just passed Ando and trying to pass Ryan, with me right behind Salah. I assume Ryan didnít see Ando, Ando couldnít really move either direction and also couldnít slow down fast enough to avoid spinning Ryan, and if even if Ryan did or could see Ando, he couldnít have moved very far right due to Salah. Lotsa stuff happened in split seconds.
          Brian K.
          Car Wh0re

Comment

• Reminder: we are coming up on our final events. Sunday we start early -- be there and checked in by 9:30am. Tuesday we run at the normal time.
            Jeff Rye #64
            1999 Mazda Miata Sport -- ES
            2001 Toyota Corolla S -- HS
            Proud recipient of the 2016 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award.

Comment

• Originally posted by ryejeff View Post
              Reminder: we are coming up on our final events. Sunday we start early -- be there and checked in by 9:30am. Tuesday we run at the normal time.
              I won't be making the final day (I want to watch the F1 race!).

This was my first karting experience, and it was certainly interesting. I went from being really ****ty to just kind of ****ty, so progress was made. Thanks to Jeff for leading the effort to organize and run the league(s).

Brennan

Comment

• GREAT racing today everyone. This was a great league for sure.
                2001 S2000

Originally posted by 86SVO
                ..... then I found a broken chuck of plastic bumper cover to use as "paper".
                No one really listens to anyone else, and if you try it for a while you'll see why. - Mignon McLaughlin

Comment

• Originally posted by brennanos View Post
                  This was my first karting experience, and it was certainly interesting. I went from being really ****ty to just kind of ****ty, so progress was made.
                  We are glad you joined us. Hope to see you again next year (and at autox in the meantime)!

Jeff Rye #64

Comment

• Final Kart Racing tonight!!!!!

Be there!
                    2013 Hot Lava FR-S

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnMoravec View Post
                      Final Kart Racing tonight!!!!!

Be there!
                      And Tim said that he will have pizza for us.
                      Jeff Rye #64

Comment

Working...
                      X