Karting 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can confirm. Walls were stable.

Here's the video, for anybody interested. (timestamp in video is wrong)

More or less, I was too stubborn to give up the position. You can see my left arm drop as I try to turn in, but I couldn't push the other kart at all. In retrospect, I should have just given the position up and try to make the time back up in the few laps after, but hindsight is 20/20.

Definitely a learning experience for me on what not to do if you can't get back into the ideal line.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CF...o7Qep7G4ZWMtQv
    Last edited by esteebestee7; 01-27-2019, 05:28 PM.
    Sara Tessem #707
    2015 VW GTI

Comment

• Originally posted by esteebestee7 View Post
      I'm sorry about the situation that happened in the A-main final today. I'm sure there were a few of you that weren't too happy about a caution and stoppage being thrown with only a few laps to go. Thankfully I don't think anybody else ended up hitting the wall, so that's good that nobody was hurt.
      If somebody has an issue with a stoppage to ensure someoneís safety and well-being, I have an issue with them.

Iím confident no one minds and that everyone is just glad youíre okay. Many of us have been in incidents like that (including myself) so we can empathize.
      Brian K.
      Car Wh0re

Comment

• No need to apologize. Just glad there was no injury. I too have gone nose first into one of those walls and can attest to their sturdiness
        2001 S2000

Originally posted by 86SVO
        ..... then I found a broken chuck of plastic bumper cover to use as "paper".
        No one really listens to anyone else, and if you try it for a while you'll see why. - Mignon McLaughlin

Comment

I'm sure there were a few of you that weren't too happy about a caution and stoppage being thrown with only a few laps to go.
          The staff nearly forgot to restart Jeff's kart, but I think that's the only way anyone could be upset.

I'm glad you made it out unscathed. I enjoyed the layout despite losing time in obvious ways that I never quite nailed down, made for good spectating as well, a very tight field.
          Brandon A.
          2013 Abarth 500 (#595)

"...there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy." -James May

Comment

Can confirm. Walls were stable.

Here's the video, for anybody interested. (timestamp in video is wrong)

More or less, I was too stubborn to give up the position. You can see my left arm drop as I try to turn in, but I couldn't push the other kart at all. In retrospect, I should have just given the position up and try to make the time back up in the few laps after, but hindsight is 20/20.

Definitely a learning experience for me on what not to do if you can't get back into the ideal line.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CF...o7Qep7G4ZWMtQv
            Glad youíre ok! Going hard into the wall is unfortunately something that can happen to anyone (myself included). Your driving is progressing extraordinarily well this season and up to that point was really impressive on Sunday! Keep up the great work!
            B.Kaeferlein #421 2010 LGT

Comment

• There were a couple of people that have late spring breaks this year that conflict with our final event in April. Just throwing this out there for feedback.
              Would anyone have a conflict with adding an event on Feb 17 or Mar 1 and running our final event on Mar 24?
              B.Kaeferlein #421 2010 LGT

Comment

• I wouldn't be able to make a race on March 1, but that would be only the second race I'll miss, so I'd be okay. Final on the 24th works for me (the 31st would not, if that date enters the discussion).
                Sara Tessem #707
                2015 VW GTI

Comment

• I am out of town the weekend of March 8 and the weekend of Easter, but am open otherwise
                  2001 S2000

Originally posted by 86SVO
                  ..... then I found a broken chuck of plastic bumper cover to use as "paper".
                  No one really listens to anyone else, and if you try it for a while you'll see why. - Mignon McLaughlin

Comment

• Tomorrow night is racing night!
                    2013 Hot Lava FR-S

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnMoravec View Post
                      Tomorrow night is racing night!
                      Yay!

And be sure to leave plenty of time to get there. If the roads are still icy, it may take much longer than usual to get to ProKart.
                      Jeff Rye #64
                      1999 Mazda Miata Sport -- ES
                      2001 Toyota Corolla S -- HS
                      Proud recipient of the 2016 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award.

Comment

• Won't be there tonight.
                        Andrew Dehmer #186
                        2017 Subaru BRZ

Comment

• Originally posted by BKLGT View Post
                          There were a couple of people that have late spring breaks this year that conflict with our final event in April. Just throwing this out there for feedback.
                          Would anyone have a conflict with adding an event on Feb 17 or Mar 1 and running our final event on Mar 24?
                          I should be able to do either date.
                          Brian K.
                          Car Wh0re

Comment

• There is going to be an autocross event on the 24th, fyi. I am going to to be posting the schedule tomorrow (the snow today really messed things up)

Ryan T #34 03 S2000 / 16 Focus ST / 19 Audi S3 / 99 Miata Sport

"If you think it is going to understeer, just don't" -- Tim Davis
                            "I go whole A$$" -- Jeff Rye
                            # Trucklife #Kidsandcars #Philrelevant
                            Proud 2014 Spirit of the Sport Award Winner #77

Comment

• Reminder: we run tomorrow morning at 11am.

Even if you haven't been showing up (and aren't in the points race), I invite you to come race! We've been having clean and competitive races, come be part of it!
                              Jeff Rye #64
                              1999 Mazda Miata Sport -- ES
                              2001 Toyota Corolla S -- HS
                              Proud recipient of the 2016 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award.

Comment

• I'm raring to go!
                                The Forsche 948: Engine in the front, drive to the rear, and a big smiling piece of meat in the middle.

Proud recipient of the 2015 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award.

Comment

Working...
                                X