Karting 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminder (and thread bump).

Our next Tuesday event is on the 15th of Jan.

Our next Sunday event is on the 20th.

Again, the schedule is accurate in the first page of this thread.
    https://forums.mnautox.com/forum/mai...018#post463421
    Jeff Rye #64
    1999 Mazda Miata Sport -- ES
    2001 Toyota Corolla S -- HS
    Proud recipient of the 2016 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award.

Comment

• Oh, crap, I'm glad you posted this. I would have shown up Sunday and been very confused.
      The Forsche 948: Engine in the front, drive to the rear, and a big smiling piece of meat in the middle.

Proud recipient of the 2015 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award.

Comment

• Originally posted by haroldk View Post
        Oh, crap, I'm glad you posted this. I would have shown up Sunday and been very confused.
        My email notification showed your text as "shown up tomorrow and been very confused." I was coming to give you a hard time... but look at your ninja edit! Nice job!
        Jeff Rye #64

Comment

• Sometimes you get lucky and realize your mistake as soon as you hit the "post reply" button.
          The Forsche 948: Engine in the front, drive to the rear, and a big smiling piece of meat in the middle.

Comment

• Hey guys! I just got a call from ProKart. They had a big thing scheduled for tomorrow, but the organizers are stuck in Chicago, so it's been canceled.

However, some of the racers are already here. Tim is going to run a league-type event tomorrow morning. He invited us to come on down and join them.

Honestly, he's hoping that we can go down and show them the we race -- they don't just rent karts.

Anyway: event starts at 10am. $35. Very similar structure to our league. Could be 20 guys, could be 50.

ProKart is putting $200 into a prize fund and adding $5 from each racer's entry. The prize money will be split between the top 3 finishers.

I'm about 80% likely to make it. Hope to see more of you guys down there!
            Jeff Rye #64

Comment

• REMINDER: We are about to return from our break. Both leagues are running this week and next.

Tuesday league runs TOMORROW, January 15. And then again next Tuesday on January 22.

Sunday league runs this Sunday, January 20. And then again the following Sunday, January 27.

Hope to see you all there!
              Jeff Rye #64

Comment

• I'll be there Tomorrow, and I've invited a friend for Sunday.
                2013 Hot Lava FR-S

Comment

• Senna and Prost karting...

Comment

• Originally posted by brennanos View Post
                    Senna and Prost karting...
                    10/10

Surprisingly a ton of fun to watch.
                    Brandon A.
                    2013 Abarth 500 (#595)

"...there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy." -James May

Comment

• Somebody go to Jeff's house and make sure he's ok; he didn't post a reminder at 5:30 this morning.

Comment

• Heh! Good one!

Thanks for another good week everyone. We had a couple crashes on the long back straight, but I think everyone came out of them uninjured.

Reminder: we will be running again this Tuesday (Jan 22) and next Sunday (Jan 27).
                        Jeff Rye #64

Comment

• Reminder: we are running tomorrow, 27 January.
                          Jeff Rye #64

Comment

• I won't be able to make it tomorrow, so if anybody wants to improve my standings, have at it. I didn't pay up front, so you'll still need to pay the entry fee.

Comment

• I'm sorry about the situation that happened in the A-main final today. I'm sure there were a few of you that weren't too happy about a caution and stoppage being thrown with only a few laps to go. Thankfully I don't think anybody else ended up hitting the wall, so that's good that nobody was hurt.
                              Sara Tessem #707
                              2015 VW GTI

Comment

• Originally posted by esteebestee7 View Post
                                I'm sorry about the situation that happened in the A-main final today. I'm sure there were a few of you that weren't too happy about a caution and stoppage being thrown with only a few laps to go. Thankfully I don't think anybody else ended up hitting the wall, so that's good that nobody was hurt.
                                Somebody has to make sure those walls are still working...

Comment

Working...
                                X