• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2Corolla?

Well this is kind of interesting!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...orolla-gt-s-4/
    2001 S2000

Originally posted by 86SVO
    ..... then I found a broken chuck of plastic bumper cover to use as "paper".
    No one really listens to anyone else, and if you try it for a while you'll see why. - Mignon McLaughlin

this was brilliant until they stupidly bolted a turbocharger to it.

i am so over turbos.
    2016 plans unknown. Have winter storage, tools and money.

#carsnotkids

Comment

Originally posted by gerglumuff View Post
      this was brilliant until they stupidly bolted a turbocharger to it.

i am so over turbos.
      Yeah that part kind of turned me off. I mean, more power is always nice, but if going to turbo I would not have picked the F motor to be honest. People just cant get past trying to make it a straight line motor, when that is not what it was ever designed for. Not to mention the cost of a new f motor if it is damaged. Not my choice of a boost platform if I were looking to boost.
      2001 S2000

Originally posted by 86SVO
      ..... then I found a broken chuck of plastic bumper cover to use as "paper".
      No one really listens to anyone else, and if you try it for a while you'll see why. - Mignon McLaughlin

Comment

What you need to do is size the turbo so it reaches the boost threshold about 300 RPM before the VTEC point so you have to work really hard not to spin it.
        The Forsche 948: Engine in the front, drive to the rear, and a big smiling piece of meat in the middle.

Proud recipient of the 2015 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award.

Comment

Looks like we all had the same thought here. I die inside a little more every time I see an S2k with a turbo. =[
          Brandon A.
          2013 Abarth 500 (#595)

"...there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy." -James May

Comment

Now, I know of a Ford 327 with a turbo I wouldn't mind owning...
            The Forsche 948: Engine in the front, drive to the rear, and a big smiling piece of meat in the middle.

Proud recipient of the 2015 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award.

Comment

Working...
            X