Solo Storm mount?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 914 Dave View Post
    Hatching a plan... anyone got 2- 4" strips of that super velcro stuff? Or would standard run of the mill normal velcro be good enough? I think I'd like the super stuff just to be sure.
    You want the super velcro stuff. Normal run of mill is insufficient.
    Jeff Rye #64
    1999 Mazda Miata Sport -- ES
    2001 Toyota Corolla S -- HS
    Proud recipient of the 2016 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award.

Comment

It depends on how much area you've got to work with. I've got some 2" wide stuff that holds the phone I use securely to the dash. It was enough to rip the covering of the case I used for my tablet clean off.
      The Forsche 948: Engine in the front, drive to the rear, and a big smiling piece of meat in the middle.

Proud recipient of the 2015 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award.

Comment

Originally posted by haroldk View Post
        It depends on how much area you've got to work with. I've got some 2" wide stuff that holds the phone I use securely to the dash. It was enough to rip the covering of the case I used for my tablet clean off.
        Sounds like that might do. Leftovers?
        David Parsons
        1973 914. Kinda running.
        2000 Audi TT. 30+ mpg of fine art.
        2013 Jeep Compass. Wife's truck. Always.
        1993 Miata. Dad's to drive. Mine to maintain.
        2003 Kawasaki Ninjette 250. It followed me home.

"Fix it till it breaks. Then fix it some more." Me
        "At the end of the day, when all is said and done- more is usually said then done" My Dad.

Proud recipient of the 2011 Paul Weidner "Spirit of the Sport" award.

Comment

Originally posted by 914 Dave View Post

Sounds like that might do. Leftovers?
          I've definitely got some, I just need to figure out where I put it. The nice thing is it's black, so it doesn't stand out as much as the clearish stuff would. I put the fuzzy side on the dash in my car.
          The Forsche 948: Engine in the front, drive to the rear, and a big smiling piece of meat in the middle.

Proud recipient of the 2015 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award.

Comment

I have some. I also posted a link to it from Amazon. It's also available at Home Depot.
            John Mensch

2011 Driver of the Year.
            Proud recipient of the 2008 Paul Weidner "Spirit of the Sport" award.
            Founder of F.rugal R.acing E.nterprises. (FRE) "It's not F.R.E.E., but it's close....."

Quote section;
            Resentment: It's like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die...
            "If there is no plan, what can go wrong!" - Some Clown
            "I like to think of myself as thrifty, cheap sounds so.......cheap." - Same Clown
            To quote a wise man I once knew; "If you can't have a little fun what good are you?"

Comment

ram mount stuff is pimp.. it's not going anywhere if it's in one of those..
              but i've got the RaceCapture track.. so my tablet gets shoved between the seats because the accelerometers aren't in use.
              Shane D. #182
              Sponsored by Turn in Concepts and Morries Subaru
              "Looking over the hood of the WRX you see the massive hood scoop. It's not a distraction. It's more like the sight on an assault rifle and all I want to do is keep pulling the trigger." -Matt Hardigree, Jalopnik.com
              "But I don't like things that are scary and painful..." -Bender
              "Man... I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just gonn'a ask where they're going and catch up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I was foolish and pulled the trigger on this before having this conversation:

https://www.petreldata.com/product/a...with-key-lock/

And they won't take it back as a return. Bummer for me.

It is just too bombproof and big to find a home in the 914. For a dedicated autocross car or track car this thing is the right tool for the job. For the 914, finding a place to mount it that didn't chew up the vintage interior was a no-go.

I assembled it and held it up to test locations in the car, but it has never been installed or used. I have come up with a velcro solution I think will work out for me.

If someone can use this mil-spec, bomb-proof, massive overkill mount, ping me when you have $75.00 and we'll do business. Will be posting this again in the for-sale section.

Thanks everyone for your ideas.

David
                David Parsons
                1973 914. Kinda running.
                2000 Audi TT. 30+ mpg of fine art.
                2013 Jeep Compass. Wife's truck. Always.
                1993 Miata. Dad's to drive. Mine to maintain.
                2003 Kawasaki Ninjette 250. It followed me home.

"Fix it till it breaks. Then fix it some more." Me
                "At the end of the day, when all is said and done- more is usually said then done" My Dad.

Proud recipient of the 2011 Paul Weidner "Spirit of the Sport" award.

Comment

Working...
                X