Solo Storm mount?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo Storm mount?

Where and how do you mount your tablet to use SoloStorm, or other logging program? Looking for pics or links to products to decide what to use in the 914.

Thanks-

David
    David Parsons
    1973 914. Kinda running.
    2000 Audi TT. 30+ mpg of fine art.
    2013 Jeep Compass. Wife's truck. Always.
    1993 Miata. Dad's to drive. Mine to maintain.
    2003 Kawasaki Ninjette 250. It followed me home.

"Fix it till it breaks. Then fix it some more." Me
    "At the end of the day, when all is said and done- more is usually said then done" My Dad.

Proud recipient of the 2011 Paul Weidner "Spirit of the Sport" award.

I know you don't want to use the method I do: I have a big piece of Velcro right on the dash.
    The Forsche 948: Engine in the front, drive to the rear, and a big smiling piece of meat in the middle.

Proud recipient of the 2015 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award.

Comment

Get a co-driver and put it underneath their leg....
      Proud recipient of the 2013 Spirit of the Sport Award

Comment

I have a new setup that worked really well at M4. The Miata has an empty tray under the stereo and this fits right in there:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Click image for larger version

Name:	tablet.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	468175

Vision Speedworks
        SoloPro Driving School
        The Alignment Guy

"She's built like a steakhouse, but she handles like a bistro"

Comment

I'm with Harold on this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Dual-Reclosab...sr=1-4-catcorr
          John Mensch

2011 Driver of the Year.
          Proud recipient of the 2008 Paul Weidner "Spirit of the Sport" award.
          Founder of F.rugal R.acing E.nterprises. (FRE) "It's not F.R.E.E., but it's close....."

Quote section;
          Resentment: It's like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die...
          "If there is no plan, what can go wrong!" - Some Clown
          "I like to think of myself as thrifty, cheap sounds so.......cheap." - Same Clown
          To quote a wise man I once knew; "If you can't have a little fun what good are you?"

Comment

Originally posted by the tick View Post
            I'm with Harold on this one.
            His interior is a little more minty than ours are, though. He even had the gall to paint the exterior.
            The Forsche 948: Engine in the front, drive to the rear, and a big smiling piece of meat in the middle.

Proud recipient of the 2015 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award.

Comment

I forgot my mount, but I got all my runs recorded with my phone in my pocket at MOWOG 4. GPS Velcroed to the dash.
              sigpic

Comment

Stuffed next to the passenger seat.

Comment

Originally posted by magicsammy View Post
                  I have a new setup that worked really well at M4. The Miata has an empty tray under the stereo and this fits right in there:
                  I've always been a little uncertain if the tension on the 4 little arms would hold a tablet in place, or would it slip out. How did that go for you, Steve?
                  David Parsons
                  1973 914. Kinda running.

"At the end of the day, when all is said and done- more is usually said then done" My Dad.

Comment

before I mounted it - I put the tablet in there and shook it around vigorously - did not move.

Was fine in the car - no slippage
                    Vision Speedworks
                    SoloPro Driving School
                    The Alignment Guy

Comment

It's going to depend on the mount. The one I used sent the tablet flying across my lap on the first run, despite having survived a vigorous shaking and indeed 2 previous autocrosses.
                      I am looking at the velcro to the dash option. In the meantime I slip it in the door pocket, but I'm not too confident in the accelerometer calibration there and my knee tends to press on it.

Comment

Another option that I've seen, but haven't tried is to buy a cheaper hard back cover for the tablet. Hard mount the cover to the car. the tablet can then be easily inserted/removed from the cover.

This does require screwing /mounting the cover to the car interior somehow, but you might be able to find some relatively generic attachment method that you can them mount the cover to rather than a tablet specific mount.
                        John Mensch

2011 Driver of the Year.
                        Proud recipient of the 2008 Paul Weidner "Spirit of the Sport" award.
                        Founder of F.rugal R.acing E.nterprises. (FRE) "It's not F.R.E.E., but it's close....."

Quote section;
                        Resentment: It's like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die...
                        "If there is no plan, what can go wrong!" - Some Clown
                        "I like to think of myself as thrifty, cheap sounds so.......cheap." - Same Clown
                        To quote a wise man I once knew; "If you can't have a little fun what good are you?"

Comment

the mount to dash is firmly wedged in there - not using a suction cup. I put foam in to prevent sliding
                          Vision Speedworks
                          SoloPro Driving School
                          The Alignment Guy

Comment

Hatching a plan... anyone got 2- 4" strips of that super velcro stuff? Or would standard run of the mill normal velcro be good enough? I think I'd like the super stuff just to be sure.
                            David Parsons
                            1973 914. Kinda running.

Comment

I do but Richfield may be out of your way
                              Vision Speedworks
                              SoloPro Driving School
                              The Alignment Guy

Comment

Working...
                              X