Machinist recommendations...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machinist recommendations...?

Have to get some minor custom machining work done on my front brake hubs to allow my new aftermarket wheels to fit. Any recommendations in Twin Cites metro?
    "I never failed once, It just happened to be a 2000-step process." **Thomas Edison

2016 Lincoln MKZ
    2016 Ford Escape
    1986 Ford Mustang SVO

What all do you need done? Turning down the hub diameter? If so, how much and what vehicle is it for?
    The Forsche 948: Engine in the front, drive to the rear, and a big smiling piece of meat in the middle.

Proud recipient of the 2015 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award.

Comment

Originally posted by haroldk View Post
      What all do you need done? Turning down the hub diameter? If so, how much and what vehicle is it for?
      Yes, need to turn down the hub diameter on a Mustang hub. Nothing drastic, just need some trimming on the outer surface (beyond the bearing) to allow some clearance for the center cap. Also need the lug holes drilled out for larger extended lug studs.
      "I never failed once, It just happened to be a 2000-step process." **Thomas Edison

2016 Lincoln MKZ
      2016 Ford Escape
      1986 Ford Mustang SVO

Comment

I could turn it down for you, but my drill press is not currently operational. I could do the stud holes on somebody else's mill, but I only go there once a week. What kind of turnaround time you looking for?

Edit: I keep forgetting there's another drill press here I could use. I do also have a press if you wanted the new studs installed instead of just drilled for.
        Last edited by haroldk; 06-04-2019, 06:26 AM.
        The Forsche 948: Engine in the front, drive to the rear, and a big smiling piece of meat in the middle.

Proud recipient of the 2015 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award.

Comment

Use the Harold Shop. He is friendly and skilled.
          David Parsons
          1973 914. Kinda running.
          2000 Audi TT. 30+ mpg of fine art.
          2013 Jeep Compass. Wife's truck. Always.
          1993 Miata. Dad's to drive. Mine to maintain.
          2003 Kawasaki Ninjette 250. It followed me home.

"Fix it till it breaks. Then fix it some more." Me
          "At the end of the day, when all is said and done- more is usually said then done" My Dad.

Proud recipient of the 2011 Paul Weidner "Spirit of the Sport" award.

Comment

Originally posted by haroldk View Post
            I could turn it down for you, but my drill press is not currently operational. I could do the stud holes on somebody else's mill, but I only go there once a week. What kind of turnaround time you looking for?

Edit: I keep forgetting there's another drill press here I could use. I do also have a press if you wanted the new studs installed instead of just drilled for.
            PM sen

2016 Lincoln MKZ
            2016 Ford Escape
            1986 Ford Mustang SVO

Comment

Working...
            X