X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrberndt
    started a topic Wanted: To drive Lotus Elise

Wanted: To drive Lotus Elise

Not looking for any track driving, a general drive around to get a feeling for the car is all I seek. Background on this, I am looking to purchase something fun this summer but want to ensure this is the right fit for me and what I'm looking for. I will compensate for time and use. Recommendations where to accomplish this are appreciated.

• phile
    replied
    So Kyle was driving my Elise and a guy in an oncoming open car raised his arm and gave us a thumbs-up. What's unusual about that? The car was a black Ferrari.

I guess I just had to get a better-looking guy in the driver seat...

Leave a comment:

• HeidiSMother
    replied
    Come on, where is your sense of adventure?

Leave a comment:

• haroldk
    replied
    Then how are you going to get practice doing it in a dress?

Leave a comment:

• engifineer
    replied
    I would never try it in a dress ... just sayin ...

Leave a comment:

• 914 Dave
    replied
    Are you suggesting that Mrberndt wear a dress for his test drive?

Leave a comment:

• HeidiSMother
    replied
    Originally posted by haroldk View Post
    I'm still a little sad nobody got video of me getting out of Phil's car.
    I can name several people who have had less than graceful exits from the lotus. I think I can do it with a dress on and be graceful but I have had LOTS of practice.

Leave a comment:

• haroldk
    replied
    I'm still a little sad nobody got video of me getting out of Phil's car.

Leave a comment:

• 914 Dave
    replied
    As others have noted, great drivers cars. Depending on spouse, acceptable sunnyday touring cars. $$ seem to be holding if not going up. You may get to enjoy the car for many years for the cost of consumables. Entry is by way of gravity, exit is generally not graceful. As much fun as you can have on 4 wheels with a license plate while wearing a helmet? Possibly. While I don't own one, I have driven several, and as a race car for the road, there are no disappointments.

Leave a comment:

• DaveF
    replied
    This individual is selling.

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94...ise-mn-461350/

Leave a comment:

• phile
    replied
    Originally posted by BryanB View Post
    There is an Exige on ebay right now listed in Plymouth, maybe they are are a MAC member? Might be worth the inquiry.

I also will add, hands down one of my favorite cars, driving experience is incredible.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Lotus-...YAAOSw3eRc0cjZ

2007 is the first year with the supercharger.

I have no idea why this one still has an inside mirror, since the view is completely-blocked by the intercooler. Not a problem with the Elise models.
    Last edited by phile; 05-13-2019, 07:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• phile
    replied
    Originally posted by washburn View Post
    Just offering something: I bought one sight unseen, and never having driven one. LOVED that car...no disappointments if you want a pure drivers car that is just connected in ways no other car is. If you want luxury, quiet, a soft ride, kick ass stereo, and comfy-ness....then yes, do a test drive before you buy.
    If you want all that stuff, don't bother test driving, you are in the wrong neighborhood. This is a car for folks who drive. The only way you consider it luxury is if you are moving from a Lotus Seven or the like. They did all come with A/C in the USA, but don't let that fool you.

Leave a comment:

• BryanB
    replied
    There is an Exige on ebay right now listed in Plymouth, maybe they are are a MAC member? Might be worth the inquery.

I also will add, hands down one of my favorite cars, driving experience is incredible.

Leave a comment:

• the tick
    replied
    I say "buy with your heart". A guy (or gal) should try what they want!

I like to think of these sort of decisions from a "cost of ownership" stand point. If you buy smart, and recover most of the purchase price when you go to sell, it doesn't really "cost" that much. It's more a matter of "putting the money somewhere", you get it back when you sell. If it turns out to be something you don't like so much, you just "recover your money" sooner than if you like it!

Leave a comment:

• HeidiSMother
    replied
    I currently own a Lotus. Driving it on the road attracts a lot of attention and you feel every crack, pot hole, and uneven surface. I personally don't mind driving it on the road not that I do a lot of driving with it. It is great on an autocross course with its agility. Getting into and out of the car is a talent, some do it better than others, some roll out, some just plain refuse to get in, of course it is a lot easier with the top off. There is much to be said about height and girth but that has not stopped some people from autocrossing in our car, you just learn to fold yourself up.

I would offer you an opportunity to drive ours but we have not decided if we were going to fix the car this year (too much cone damage) or get a battery and let me driving it autocrossing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X