No announcement yet.

Want to play a game? "I can fix that!"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big sale on Jiffy Pop and a missing heat shield?
    The Forsche 948: Engine in the front, drive to the rear, and a big smiling piece of meat in the middle.

Proud recipient of the 2015 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award.

Comment

Is it too much to assume that they emptied their trunk while diagnosing this problem? Loose tool in the spare tire area?
      "...there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy." -James May

Comment

I wonder how long they have lived with this car. Could be ECU controlled overrun. If they don't always use sport mode the noise seems sporadic. Crackle and pop tunes are entering mainstream, but people who are buying luxury cars might not even know what the sound is.
        "...there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy." -James May

Comment

How about this: vehicle has excessive wander. noticed after hitting bumps.
          David Parsons
          1973 914. Kinda running.
          2000 Audi TT. 30+ mpg of fine art.
          2013 Jeep Compass. Wife's truck. Always.
          1993 Miata. Dad's to drive. Mine to maintain.
          2003 Kawasaki Ninjette 250. It followed me home.

"Fix it till it breaks. Then fix it some more." Me
          "At the end of the day, when all is said and done- more is usually said then done" My Dad.

Proud recipient of the 2011 Paul Weidner "Spirit of the Sport" award.

Comment

It's just going on a walk about mate!
            John Mensch

2011 Driver of the Year.
            Proud recipient of the 2008 Paul Weidner "Spirit of the Sport" award.
            Founder of F.rugal R.acing E.nterprises. (FRE) "It's not F.R.E.E., but it's close....."

Quote section;
            Resentment: It's like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die...
            "If there is no plan, what can go wrong!" - Some Clown
            "I like to think of myself as thrifty, cheap sounds so.......cheap." - Same Clown
            To quote a wise man I once knew; "If you can't have a little fun what good are you?"

Comment

Grrr... I just want to blame everything on winter!

Comment

Try this one: customer states their car sounds like an airplane.

David Parsons
                1973 914. Kinda running.

"At the end of the day, when all is said and done- more is usually said then done" My Dad.

Comment

Solution: Customer is Fat Albert
                  The Forsche 948: Engine in the front, drive to the rear, and a big smiling piece of meat in the middle.

Proud recipient of the 2015 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award.

Comment

Broken muffler? Did the car always sound like an airplane and it's just now starting to bug them?

Comment

Can I add my own car problem to this thread for advise?

Comment

Originally posted by crouse View Post
                        Can I add my own car problem to this thread for advise?
                        I highly doubt anyone would mind. Efficacy not guaranteed however. ;]

Comment

The intent here is silly (or not so silly) answers to silly ?'s. You are welcome to add whatever you might dare to the conversation.
                          David Parsons
                          1973 914. Kinda running.

Comment

The 7 year old Motorcraft battery in my 2003 Mercury Marauder wouldn't hold a charge so I replaced it with a new Motorcraft on Saturday February 8th. The engine would turn over but would not fire. I didn't hear the fuel pump when I turned the key to the ON position. I checked the 20 amp fuse for the fuel pump and it's ok. I swapped the fuel pump relay with the horn relay without success. The fuel pump shut-off switch in the trunk is not tripped.

Saturday afternoon I disconnected both the positive and negative terminals on the battery and left them disconnected until Sunday afternoon. No luck, it just cranks but would not fire.
                            When I cranked the engine, the red light on the dash lights up solid red. I've never noticed this before. This light blinks red every 2 seconds letting you know the PATS system is working.

I finally had it towed to a local shop on the evening of Monday February 11th. The shop called on Thursday the 14th and said it started right up for them. They also started it several times successfully throughout the day. The shop said that sometimes the tow truck ride jostles the car around and could have affected the fuel pump.

I think it might have been the PATS system not the fuel pump. Found this on-line.

PATS uses a visual theft indicator located on top of the instrument panel. This
                            indicator will prove out for three seconds when the ignition switch is turned to ON
                            or START under normal operation. If there is a PATS problem, this indicator will
                            either flash rapidly or glow steadily (for more than three seconds) when the ignition
                            switch is turned to ON or START. PATS also "flashes" the theft indicator every two
                            seconds at ignition OFF to act as a visual theft deterrent.

Anyone experienced anything like this?

Thanks, Curt

Comment

That's easy! It was cold and lonely and wanted a change of scenery to a warm environment with exotic company. Recharged its tired batteries and fired right up!
                              https://forums.mnautox.com/core/smil...//beer_new.gif
                              Mark Yakich
                              Sioux Falls, SD

Proud recipient of the 2012 Paul Weidner "Spirit of the Sport" award.

'09 Demon F500 - FMod
                              '99 Chevy Corvette FRC - BS

Comment

Actually, my wife and I bought a 2016 Ford Explorer Sport with the 3.5 twin turbo Ecoboost engine. I've been driving that all winter. I think my Marauder is jealous. I think I'll rename her Christine.

Comment

Working...
                                X