No announcement yet.

? another new site possibility

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to work at the "Oval" or Roseville skating center and we always closed for a month in the summer to do maintenance. we could coordinate that with them if the site is at all viable. As far as noise goes maybe a lower decibel limit like Eau Claire would be in order. The ice arena I worked at was like a ghost town in the summer. Some open hockey and some skating lessons, otherwise I could hear a pin drop in that place.

Comment

Originally posted by mx5Joe View Post
      I used to work at the "Oval" or Roseville skating center and we always closed for a month in the summer to do maintenance. we could coordinate that with them if the site is at all viable. As far as noise goes maybe a lower decibel limit like Eau Claire would be in order. The ice arena I worked at was like a ghost town in the summer. Some open hockey and some skating lessons, otherwise I could hear a pin drop in that place.
      Unless they have built more lots, we would have to run in front of the building and paddock on the back of the building. I guess I need to look at an arial.

We used to run at the high school. We lost touch with the City when Canterbury opened up. I tried to get the clubs to keep all the current relationships going, but everybody loved Canterbury so much and didn't believe that anything could ever happen to it...
      Phil Ethier - Numbers Czar Emeritus
      1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
      2004 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 8.1, Sport Red
      2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
      2006 Gulf Stream Conquest Super C Chevrolet Kodiak 8.1
      2017 Ford Fusion SE, Oxford White, as befits an appliance.
      pethier7 [at] gmail [dot] com
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier
      http://www.mntriumphs.org

Comment

Bringing this thread back from the dead, does anyone have any updates on Aldrich Arena in St. Paul and Blaine-Anoka County Airport?

I know that on the 23rd of June there is a Minnesota Nissan/Infiniti Car show being held on the lot. Maybe they'll allow the lot for MAC use?
        Ge Moua
        '88 Civic Wagon #107 "The Smokey Wagon"

Comment

Originally posted by 1sloWagon View Post
          Bringing this thread back from the dead, does anyone have any updates on Aldrich Arena in St. Paul and Blaine-Anoka County Airport?

I know that on the 23rd of June there is a Minnesota Nissan/Infiniti Car show being held on the lot. Maybe they'll allow the lot for MAC use?
          I live near Aldrich Arena, and have looked at the lot. Unfortunately, it's not appropriate for our needs. There's enough square footage, but it's divided up in ways that would make safety problematic at a speed autocrossers would consider acceptable.

Not sure about the Blaine-Anoka Airport.
          "If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be." -Maya Angelou

Comment

Has anyone looked into any of the larger malls in the area (like Ridgedale Center)? They have huge lots and the further lots rarely have anyone in them.
            https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ri...!4d-93.4375487

If these options have already been explored I apologize

Comment

Originally posted by 1sloWagon View Post

I'm a admin for mnni, the group hosting the show at Blaine airport. Our show is being held on the grass so that definitely wouldnt work for us autoxers

Comment

Working...
              X