Cone Dance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cone Dance

People keep reminding me what to make sure to hit during the cone dance. Of course since I don't write it down at the time I don't remember the next cone dance. I have decided to start a post where you can put it down in writing for me and I will create a "cone dance script" to make sure the points are talked about. Here is the start of the list:

No phones or umbrellas
    No sitting
    Watch the timing lights
    3-4 wheel off
    White lines are only guide lines, not a DNF
    Where to stand safely
    Go to work assignment prepared, ie water, rain gear, hat, etc
    Radio etiquette
    Audit procedure
    Watch cones, not cars
    Cone penalties, or not
    Spinning/off course (except 3-4 wheels off)

Our next competition is in two weeks, I would appreciate any input even after the first event to add to this list. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by HeidiSMother; 04-13-2019, 08:11 PM. Reason: spell check failure
    Proud recipient of the 2013 Spirit of the Sport Award

In "cone penalties, or not", pointer cones are not. Have had early season events where it feels like there are never single cones downed at certain corners.
    Spinning is not a DNF on its own, but can be one if somebody skips a cone.
    Johnathan Gohde #311 - Borrowing #338 and the rocket ship attached to it
    Photography: https://www.flickr.com/photos/aranach/sets

Comment

Originally posted by aranach View Post
      In "cone penalties, or not", pointer cones are not. Have had early season events where it feels like there are never single cones downed at certain corners.
      Spinning is not a DNF on its own, but can be one if somebody skips a cone.
      And as an extension to the "spinning" comment above, going off course isn't a DNF if you reenter the course where you left it.
      John Mensch

2011 Driver of the Year.
      Proud recipient of the 2008 Paul Weidner "Spirit of the Sport" award.
      Founder of F.rugal R.acing E.nterprises. (FRE) "It's not F.R.E.E., but it's close....."

Quote section;
      Resentment: It's like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die...
      "If there is no plan, what can go wrong!" - Some Clown
      "I like to think of myself as thrifty, cheap sounds so.......cheap." - Same Clown
      To quote a wise man I once knew; "If you can't have a little fun what good are you?"

Comment

How are we defining radio etiquette? It's been a number of years since I've worked a corner for MAC, but previously MAC predicate did not match the communication standard at regional/national events.
        Show respect, even to people who don't deserve it; not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealDJ View Post
          How are we defining radio etiquette? It's been a number of years since I've worked a corner for MAC, but previously MAC predicate did not match the communication standard at regional/national events.
          Just that you need to pause before speaking, keep hand off of buttons unless using, repeat call once, that sort of thing.
          Proud recipient of the 2013 Spirit of the Sport Award

Comment

Don't walk on, touch, look at, or think too hard about the skid pad at DCTC.

Set cone, get off the course, then signal your corner captain.

Comment

Originally posted by ZacP View Post
              Don't walk on, touch, look at, or think too hard about the skid pad at DCTC.

Set cone, get off the course, then signal your corner captain.
              Even though we are not calling and counting cones at the school, students should get used to using the hand signals.

Phil Ethier - Numbers Czar Emeritus
              1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
              2004 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 8.1, Sport Red
              2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
              2006 Gulf Stream Conquest Super C Chevrolet Kodiak 8.1
              2017 Ford Fusion SE, Oxford White, as befits an appliance.
              pethier7 [at] gmail [dot] com
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier
              http://www.mntriumphs.org

Comment

Working...
              X