No announcement yet.

MAC at Lincoln Airpark July 6-7 --- Feeler

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it was a different date, even i could be enticed to fly in for an arrive n' drive... but everything happens the weekend of the 4th.
    Shane D. #182
    Sponsored by Turn in Concepts and Morries Subaru
    "Looking over the hood of the WRX you see the massive hood scoop. It's not a distraction. It's more like the sight on an assault rifle and all I want to do is keep pulling the trigger." -Matt Hardigree, Jalopnik.com
    "But I don't like things that are scary and painful..." -Bender
    "Man... I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just gonn'a ask where they're going and catch up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by Shane86 View Post
      If it was a different date, even i could be enticed to fly in for an arrive n' drive... but everything happens the weekend of the 4th.
      Yeah and the other dates they had conflict with our local dates that we as a whole need to be committed to.
      Ryan T #34 03 S2000 / 16 Focus ST / 08 KM Intrepid Silverstone CR125 /

"If you think it is going to understeer, just don't" -- Tim Davis
      # Trucklife #Kidsandcars #FortheGroceriesofGStreet
      Proud 2014 Spirit of the Sport Award Winner #77

Comment

I would try to re-arrange schedules on my end, but we take that week every year to go spend with the families, so will not be able to move that one.
        2001 S2000

Originally posted by 86SVO
        ..... then I found a broken chuck of plastic bumper cover to use as "paper".
        No one really listens to anyone else, and if you try it for a while you'll see why. - Mignon McLaughlin

Comment

I really want to make it, but I think things might be conspiring against me. I'm going to try to make it work and I'd be willing to drive the truck if I could get a codrive (I'm not going to be towing the 944 down there).
          The Forsche 948: Engine in the front, drive to the rear, and a big smiling piece of meat in the middle.

Proud recipient of the 2015 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award.

Comment

I would be there. Definitely worth working the schedule to make time for two days at LAP.
            Jay McKoskey
            1991 Miata #12/63

Comment

I am interested - I don't usually make plans over the 4th so this could work out
              Vision Speedworks
              SoloPro Driving School
              The Alignment Guy

"She's built like a steakhouse, but she handles like a bistro"

Comment

Chris and I would certainly be interested in a test day for the new car, but I fear that this may not work for the same reasons everyone is saying: 4th of July weekend.
                Patrick Washburn
                Lucky Lugnut / SoloPro / Red Eye Brewing
                Member of Team One Out
                Very proud recipient of the 2010 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award!!!!!
                sigpic
                "Drives like a drunken one armed crack monkey"

Comment

Originally posted by washburn View Post
                  Chris and I would certainly be interested in a test day for the new car, but I fear that this may not work for the same reasons everyone is saying: 4th of July weekend.
                  Yeah, it was a concern of mine as well. The other dates they had listed (that did not conflict with our local dates) were also after nationals which in my opinion would not really do us a lot of good if the idea is to get time on LAP concrete as pre nationals practice (As stated if that is the objective)
                  Last edited by s1lence; 02-12-2019, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by s1lence View Post

Yeah, it was a concern of mine as well. The other dates they had listed (that did not conflict with our local dates) were also after nationals which in my opinion would not really do us a lot of good if the idea is to get time on LAP concrete as pre nationals practice.
                    Is "Nats Practice" really the only objective of this? I can't help but feel like a lot of people would want to do a laid-back Lincoln without the pressure or time commitment of actually participating at the national event. We're struggling to find sites, and abandoning *the best* site possible for just that reason seems a bit premature.
                    Emilio Rescigno - #146
                    2000 S2000 - STR
                    1998 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport - Daily

Comment

I agree this should not be looked at as practice for nats. Trust me, I WANT practice for nats, but that should not be the goal given we have maybe 20% the club that goes to Nats. I think any event in Lincoln would be good. The only concern I have after nats is if a number of people will not be willing to go because they just went there (our season only lasts about 4 -5 weeks after nats).

To be clear, I do not think the intent was this to be about practice for nats, but I can see how it could be inferred from the conversation.
                      2001 S2000

Originally posted by 86SVO
                      ..... then I found a broken chuck of plastic bumper cover to use as "paper".
                      No one really listens to anyone else, and if you try it for a while you'll see why. - Mignon McLaughlin

Comment

Originally posted by emiliorescigno View Post

Is "Nats Practice" really the only objective of this? I can't help but feel like a lot of people would want to do a laid-back Lincoln without the pressure or time commitment of actually participating at the national event. We're struggling to find sites, and abandoning *the best* site possible for just that reason seems a bit premature.
                        No, that is not the only objective but that is a motivating factor for even considering going there. I went for the date that made the most sense based around our local schedule and given how difficult it has been to get people to travel I figured a warm date. And I am not abandoning it. If everyone would want to make the trip in October instead I could revisit the dates that they had then. The issue is realistically to do this we need 25 people min, and most likely more to actually be able to function, I see that as being a bit more of an issue than I originally thought it would be.

Comment

For the last few years I've planned the 4th around the Milwaukee schedule, I would most likely be in for this as well. FWIW, I think you chose an appropriate mid-summer date as I think a post-nationals October date would be a disaster and would ultimately have to be cancelled.
                          Show respect, even to people who don't deserve it; not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours.

Comment

I may be interested in this over the 6th/7th but like others have said, I can't commit to that yet. I would not be interested after nationals.

Comment

Ok,

I have an update on this which I am going to consider a POSITIVE thing. Originally the idea was to go down and help NE region run a smoother event (more runs/better flow/etc etc etc) . Some how that got lost in translation with the region. Well thanks to Neal getting me in touch with John Hunter that is the actual plan. This reduces the cost significantly (just normal driver entry fees) and no need for all the other logistical things. (Safety Stewart/ Gate person etc) We would be running the event with NE and they are looking at getting some CO and KC people in as well. This I think is the best way but we will still need key people from our club to help out if possible. John is going to get me more information. So if this is something that would interest you that will be the weekend.

Comment

I am quite interested. I have never competed on concrete. It will be wonderful if it includes a TnT. And the clarification is excellent news since it will reduce the been on the club. JopefHope a good contingent can attend.
                                Last edited by rascuzi; 02-13-2019, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X