This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ****Final**** 2017 Schedule

Since I completely forgot to bring a copy of this on Saturday to the banquet here it is. As you see there are ?? on the a couple of the Canterbury dates and Fairgrounds as we still need confirmation from those sites. I will update as dates get confirmed.
    DATE EVENT SPONSOR/STATUS LOCATION
    -------------------- --------------------------------------- -------------------- -------------------
    April 22th (Sat) DRIVER'S SCHOOL CLASSROOM MAC DUNWOODY COLLEGE
    April 23rd NOVICE DRIVER'S SCHOOL MAC DCTC
    April 29th (Sat) AUTOCROSS - MOWOG 1 MAC CANTERBURY PARK
    April 30th @ AUTOCROSS - MOWOG 2 MAC CANTERBURY PARK
    April 30th SCCA SCCA WINONA
    June 4th AUTOCROSS - MOWOG 3 MAC DCTC
    June 4th SCCA AUTOCROSS SCCA WINONA
    June 11th @ AUTOCROSS CVSCC EAU CLAIRE
    June 25th @ SUPERSUNDAY AUTOCROSS I COM DCTC
    July 9th AUTOCROSS - MOWOG 4 MAC DCTC
    July 16th SCCA AUTOCROSS SCCA WEST SALEM
    July 23rd PRACTICE AUTOX (MEMBERS ONLY) MAC DCTC
    Aug 13th PRACTICE AUTOX (MEMBERS ONLY) MAC DCTC
    Aug 13th SCCA AUTOCROSS SCCA WINONA
    Aug 27th @ SUPERSUNDAY AUTOCROSS II COM DCTC
    Sept 17th
    AUTOCROSS - MOWOG 5
    MAC DCTC
    Sept 24th @ SCCA SOLO AUTOCROSS SCCA WEST SALEM
    Oct 8th @ AUTOCROSS - MOWOG 6 MAC CANTERBURY PARK
    Oct 14th AUTOCROSS - MOWOG 7 MAC CANTERBURY PARK
    Oct 15th AUTOCROSS - MOWOG 8 MAC DCTC
    @ = MET COUNCIL AUTOX SERIES (MCAS) EVENTS:
    PCA DRIVER EDUCATION at BIR: APRIL 28-30; JULY 28-30; SEP 15-17
    Adding the Link for CWSCC as they put on quality events as well for those willing to drive.

http://www.cwscc.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=8358

Also SCCLac

http://www.scclac.org/?page_id=14

I will add Upper Michigan when it is available.
    Last edited by s1lence; 04-12-2017, 08:36 AM.
    Ryan T #34 05 Evo VIII / 14 Fiesta ST / 08 KM Intrepid Silverstone CR125 / 91 Civic si

"If you think it is going to understeer, just don't" -- Tim Davis
    # Trucklife #Kidsandcars
    Proud 2014 Spirit of the Sport Award Winner #77

This may have been considered already but, out of curiosity, I thought I'd check if Milwaukee had a tentative schedule and it appears they do.

http://scca-milwaukee.org/solo/solo-events/

Currently there are 3 two-day weekends which are appealing.
    Last edited by s1lence; 05-08-2017, 07:33 AM.
    Brian K.
    Car Wh0re

Comment

Hrmm...the tripod challenge is in August this year which is a good thing and the other two days are appealing. My sister I'm sure will enjoy my visits.
      Ryan T #34 05 Evo VIII / 14 Fiesta ST / 08 KM Intrepid Silverstone CR125 / 91 Civic si

# Trucklife #Kidsandcars

Comment

COOL! Are the dates for M1&M2 firm (I'm liking that they don't conflict with the Blytheville Pro!)?

And am I reading this wrong, or are there 5 practice days on the schedule?
        John Mensch

2011 Driver of the Year.
        Proud recipient of the 2008 Paul Weidner "Spirit of the Sport" award.
        Founder of F.rugal R.acing E.nterprises. (FRE) "It's not F.R.E.E., but it's close....."

Quote section;
        Resentment: It's like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die...
        "If there is no plan, what can go wrong!" - Some Clown
        "I like to think of myself as thrifty, cheap sounds so.......cheap." - Same Clown
        To quote a wise man I once knew; "If you can't have a little fun what good are you?"

Comment

Originally posted by the tick View Post
          COOL! Are the dates for M1&M2 firm (I'm liking that they don't conflict with the Blytheville Pro!)?

And am I reading this wrong, or are there 5 practice days on the schedule?
          One of the practice events will be a intermediate school and one will be a practice just not sure how we want to do it. We will have 3 or 4 practice events...but I am thinking 3 as there is a lot of preference for competitive events.

As for the Canterbury dates we are not 100% firm on those as our contact doesn't return until March.
          Last edited by s1lence; 01-10-2017, 07:53 AM.

# Trucklife #Kidsandcars

Comment

are DCTC dates locked at this point?
            Shane D. #182
            Sponsored by Turn in Concepts and Morries Subaru
            "Looking over the hood of the WRX you see the massive hood scoop. It's not a distraction. It's more like the sight on an assault rifle and all I want to do is keep pulling the trigger." -Matt Hardigree, Jalopnik.com
            "But I don't like things that are scary and painful..." -Bender
            "Man... I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just gonn'a ask where they're going and catch up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg

Comment

DCTC is 100% locked and there are NO other dates available. What we do on those dates are up to us. I was thinking a demo derby or picnic.

# Trucklife #Kidsandcars

Comment

Originally posted by s1lence View Post
                DCTC is 100% locked and there are NO other dates available. What we do on those dates are up to us. I was thinking a demo derby or picnic.
                If we want a demo derby there's always an MNCEC event to attend!
                Emilio Rescigno - #80
                2000 S2000 - STR
                1991 Toyota Supra - Summer Daily
                1998 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport - Winter Daily

Comment

its good to see that the MNCEC incident didn't close off DCTC for us. as much as its probably our least liked site, we do still need it.
                  2016 plans unknown. Have winter storage, tools and money.

#carsnotkids

Comment

Originally posted by gerglumuff View Post
                    its good to see that the MNCEC incident didn't close off DCTC for us. as much as its probably our least liked site, we do still need it.
                    This was discussed at a recent membership meeting. Ryan called DCTC within hours of the event to a) make sure we would still good and b) ask if there was anything our club could do to help DCTC.

So, thank you and kudos to Mr. Club President.
                    Jeff Rye #64
                    1999 Mazda Miata Sport -- ES
                    2001 Toyota Corolla S -- HS
                    2006 Acura RSX Type-S
                    Proud recipient of the 2016 Paul Weidner Spirit of the Sport award.

Comment

Thanks for the advance schedule. Looking forward to the 2017 season (autocross season #45 for me).
                      Starting to think maybe I'm hooked on this sports car stuff.

Comment

Well I'm game! Corvette is gone so I'm prepping something else for a surprise! I'd definitely also like to help out more this summer like helping to put on the novice school, etc.
                        -Robin Newborg-
                        -NewborgCloud.com-

2008 Corvette Z51 with some goodies
                        2014 Honda Accord Sport (oh yes)
                        2014 Honda CRV ()

Comment

Originally posted by ryejeff View Post

This was discussed at a recent membership meeting. Ryan called DCTC within hours of the event to a) make sure we would still good and b) ask if there was anything our club could do to help DCTC.

So, thank you and kudos to Mr. Club President.
                          ^Like he said^
                          John Mensch

2011 Driver of the Year.
                          Founder of F.rugal R.acing E.nterprises. (FRE) "It's not F.R.E.E., but it's close....."

Quote section;
                          "I like to think of myself as thrifty, cheap sounds so.......cheap." - Same Clown
                          To quote a wise man I once knew; "If you can't have a little fun what good are you?"

Comment

Originally posted by Don G View Post
                            Thanks for the advance schedule. Looking forward to the 2017 season (autocross season #45 for me).
                            It is starting to look that way Don...
                            John Mensch

2011 Driver of the Year.

Quote section;

Comment

Originally posted by Don G View Post
                              45 consecutive years could suggest a trend.
                              Jay McKoskey
                              1991 Miata #12/63

Comment

Working...
                              X