Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

April 2019 MAC Meeting Minutes

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

  • April 2019 MAC Meeting Minutes

    MAC Membership Meeting Notes: April 24, 2019

    12 members attending of which 8 were board members

    Call to Order: 7:03

    President’s Report(Ryan T) – nothing to say at this time.

    VP’s Report(Jeff R) – I got nothing, will talk later

    Sect. Report(Leona G) – Role tonight is played by Heidi who is not eating pizza. March’s meeting notes were posted and corrected per thread. I move to accept notes as printed. Moved and passed.

    Treasurer’s Report(Stu N) –Not present – no notes/updates sent

    Competition(Ryan T) – M1, 2, and 3 are open. It was explained how time-consuming adding the season people to the actual events. A huge thanks to Matt and Ryan for working on that, sounds like it was quite an ordeal. Canterbury said that late events at their site are a strong possibility. We will have food at M1&2, yes! It was confirmed with site that a food truck can be on site. Ryan W, thanks for driving the truck for the novice school.

    Timing/Scoring(Alan & Emilio) – novice school went perfectly except the drivers, no, not the novices but the drivers with the software which being worked on. Trying to get rid of Clicky since it is not needed any more. It has a new home now.

    Equipment(Harold K) – per email:
    The truck needs new tires pretty badly. The last time I looked at them they appeared to be alright, but they look pretty dry and the rear inside tires have some tread chunking. I’m looking into pricing and may end up having a mobile service place take care of it.
    We had quite a few dead cones at the end of the Novice School and I think we might have had a completely empty bay at the start of the day. I’ll need to look and see what we determined the correct number was and we’ll need to get some on order.
    I need to bring the fire extinguishers in for inspection/recertification, but it’ll have to wait until after M1/2 as I won’t have time to get it done before this weekend. All the ones I’ve seen still have the gauge in the green, this is more just dotting Ts and crossing Is.
    I was talking to Alan at the Novice School and he was saying both he and Emilio were still all for a timing bus. It would require some slight operational changes, but nothing insurmountable and it would make timing setup easier. As Alan pointed out, timing setup could start while the cones are being tossed out of the trailer. We could move the cones and other equipment to the trailer. Once cones are placed for the course setup, the trailer would then transition to check-in table/announcer station, making the canopy unnecessary. It would also allow us to keep the timing workers warm during early and late events, which is a pretty big deal for folks who aren’t allowed to move around to keep their blood flowing.
    Jeff Forss was there that day and mentioned the insurance on his bus was significantly cheaper than on a cube truck like what we have now.
    There was general consensus that if Harold was present he would not have been this wordy.
    Alan expressed his desire for the bus due to rain even though now have Plexiglas, which is a blanket fix. Timing could be moved much easier than the current setup. The bus will need the ability to have towing capacity. Need to look at the weight of everything that is currently in the truck to determine if able to meet our needs. Much agreement was had.
    BTW, Harold replaced the CAT at the novice school, way to go!
    Will need chalk at some point in the near future.

    Safety(Dan S) – I’m here. Looking at insurance forms. Looked at the courses for M1&2, feels will be good once set up.

    Tech(Tim D) – I am present, tech, Subaru’s had tight batteries which was amazing. Season tech can be done at any point, must have done 5 events last year. Ready for this weekend, have the stickers and tape. Discussed need for a number worker for the tech lines. Has lots of tape, may not be able to use on Saturday due to the rain. Heidi volunteered to check numbers.

    Registration/Worker Chief (someone please volunteer) – Need a permanent person to do this job. (Robin is going to be volunteered or told that he will be). Actually we will announce it at M1&2. (it actually wasn’t but I think Steve M has stepped up to do it)

    Education(Heidi H) – Novice school was done, 41 in the class room, there were 4 cancellations and 7 no shows on Sunday but yet we had 17 in one group and 18 in another. Negative feedback regarding this novice school was stated, i.e. all the talk, interruptions, boring. Recommend shorten it. Other suggestions made. Trikes cannot be used inside anymore, unfortunately the floor was getting scratched. Plan was to have an outside mini course which has become a must. It was suggested to do a stop and look at the course using the trike placement and focus on excitement. Discussed options including rewriting the presentation and then practicing.
    Looking at the instructor list, the issue is with getting instructors for the novice school. Also had issue with quality of instructors for first novice school. Discussed coming up with roles for instructors, what is expected from them.
    Discussion had to make participating in the novice school a must, several people felt it is a cushy job, discussed the people who only want to be on the list so they can co-drive, comment was made that fast drivers don’t do novices school.
    Discussed having a separate list for event instructors and for the novice school instructor, statement was made that want best instruction for novice school. Would like to strive for more than getting from point A to B. Discussed changing the policy for co-driving, discuss pros and cons. Again discussed creating an instructor write-up for instructing within a car, what to look out for, type of feedback consistent with club. Talked about using MSR to communicate with participants, also Facebook, Myspace, but ultimately looking for best way of communicating with instructors. Some criterial discussed were: Enthusiasm? Novice school? Consistent driver? comes to more than not to events? At this time until a firm decision is made regarding the instructor list at M1&2 we will honor 2018 instructor stickers until “Monday” after the event. Jeff asked those present to email top two requirements for instructors.

    Trophies(Dave T) – there will be trophies won this weekend!

    Numbers(Jeff R)- numbers have been assigned.
    Phil is still willing to make numbers to keep the “crappy numbers off cars”.

    Marketing (Ryan T) – nothing new, talked about it in competition.

    Other Business: - nationals tent goes up for sale very soon. Cost has gone up. Discussion had regarding how best to “rent” it and be reimbursed.

    Adjourn: 8:28pm

      Posting comments is disabled.

    Categories

    Collapse

    Article Tags

    Collapse

    Latest Articles

    Collapse

    • June 2019 MAC Meeting Minutes
      by luinien
      MAC Membership Meeting Notes: June 26, 2019

      14 members attending of which 7 were board members.

      Call to Order: 7:00

      President’s Report (Ryan T) – We’ve had M4 since our last event. It was /really/ fast - stupid fast. Overall, it was a good event with a good turnout. CVSCC had their event this past weekend in the very, very wet. They wrote their own timing software which seemed to work just fine. Discussion was had around these two events. M5 opens up for registration...
      06-27-2019, 09:36 AM
    • May 2019 MAC Meeting Minutes
      by luinien
      MAC Membership Meeting Notes: May 28, 2019

      18 members attending of which 12 were board members.

      Call to Order: 7:01

      President’s Report (Ryan T) – Ryan made a joke about having as many people here as are signed up for the Novice School.
      We also did intros as there are lots of new people. Yay!
      We have an event this weekend and next weekend - the attendance is low for both events. The number of people volunteering for the second Novice School is also...
      06-17-2019, 08:51 AM
    • April 2019 MAC Meeting Minutes
      by luinien
      MAC Membership Meeting Notes: April 24, 2019

      12 members attending of which 8 were board members

      Call to Order: 7:03

      President’s Report(Ryan T) – nothing to say at this time.

      VP’s Report(Jeff R) – I got nothing, will talk later

      Sect. Report(Leona G) – Role tonight is played by Heidi who is not eating pizza. March’s meeting notes were posted and corrected per thread. I move to accept notes as printed. Moved and passed.

      ...
      05-15-2019, 09:31 AM
    • March 2019 MAC Meeting Minutes
      by luinien
      MAC Membership Meeting Notes: March 27, 2019

      12 members attending of which 7 were board members.

      Call to Order: 7:05

      President’s Report (Ryan T) – Not present - was distracted by the beautiful weather

      VP’s Report (Jeff Rye) – Not present but here are his notes: I have not updated our website to mention ProKart. I will very soon. I would like to see us get back on the site-finding horse. If we have enough people there, please go through the site...
      04-03-2019, 08:57 AM
    • February 2019 MAC Meeting Minutes
      by luinien
      MAC Membership Meeting Notes: February 27, 2019

      11 members attending of which 6 were board members.

      Call to Order: 7:06

      President’s Report (Ryan T) – We have two events that are open for registration already. Yikes! Those snuck up on us mostly because February has sucked. The Novice School on April 13 & 14 and the “Knock the Rust Off” event on March 24.
      Ryan keeps breaking RC cars.
      Also the schedule is finalized and posted if you weren’t already...
      03-13-2019, 08:43 AM
    • November 2018 MAC Meeting Minutes
      by luinien
      MAC Membership Meeting Notes: November 28, 2018


      17 members attending of which 10 were board members.


      Call to Order:7:00ish (waiting for our illustrious leader to grace us with his presence)


      President’s Report (Ryan T) – The driving was stupid because people were stupid. Rawr. Welcome to the last meeting of the year. He has nothing else to say besides that he is looking for other sites still and submitted other dates to DCTC. No updates...
      11-29-2018, 06:39 AM
    Working...
    X